cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So happy, initial thoughts after first 3hrs of use

Sloeri007
Adventurer
Got my Rift today, and would like to share some of thoughts with you all.

1. It arrived in very good shape.  love the box ! it looks absolutely premium

2. Installation, smooth as butter 

3. As soon as i did put it on, and the first images where appearing i was stunned with the visual quality. it is a big step up compared to the DK2. yes, those godrays are there, but they are not disturbing me at all. i am thrilled about it...

4. it was a warm day here, and had nearly no issue at all with fogging

5. only minor issue i'm having is that in some apps, the image seems to judder back and forth, most likely i need to fine tune my sensor placement

6. with the DK2 i got dizzy and VR sick quite easy, with the CV1 no issue at all, even after 3hours of first use !

COULD NOT BE MORE HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!
i was a bit affraid, with some of the forum posts we are seeing in here and on reddit, but it is an amazing piece of hardware !

19 REPLIES 19

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Glad you're enjoying it!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

jademan
Heroic Explorer
Glad you're enjoying it.  Welcome to the CV1 party!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Nice one 007 can't wait to join in the fun 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

xi11ix
Adventurer
Buy Edge of Nowhere. You'll be glad you did.

Tjames66
Explorer
Received mine on Wednesday, Very satisfied customer here, Elite Dangerous is awesome !

FX2K
Heroic Explorer
Satisfied here too 😉  and yeah, ED is awesome, aside from color banding.
@Tjames66 - does yours have the color banding too?  ie around stars

My Rift also has a red haze in the lower portion of the left screen, but only in dark scenes.. tbh its not been bothering me, but feels a bit odd since its only on one screen 😞  Other than that, loving it so far.

FWIW, Support have replied very rapidly to the above, that I wasn't expecting.. although still ongoing, but like I say, its not actually bothering me, at all.
CV1: Ordered 6th Jan 2016 - Est Delivery Some time in May... DK2: Ordered: 8th of Aug 2014 - Delivered: 14 Oct 2014

Keylo415
Expert Protege
Congrats Man..

dreimer1986
Adventurer
I love it when ppl don't just show up when stuff is bad at their side. Nice review. I hope my Monday will sort out the same good way ^^ I already got a HDMI cable of 0.5 m for being super safe in HDMI matters ^^

pertm
Protege
Had mine for 2 days now and I cannot agree more, it is absolutely fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!