cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting today, Horizon Worlds is open (to US and Canada)

kojack
MVP
MVP

https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/9/22825139/meta-horizon-worlds-access-open-metaverse

https://uploadvr.com/horizon-worlds-beta-open-us-canada/

If you are in the US or Canada, Horizon Worlds is no longer invite only, anyone can join, if they are 18+.

A bit annoying that it's not world wide.

The Verge article says it's a Quest app. The UploadVR article says it's for Quest2 and Rift, support for Quest 1 will end Jan 13 2022.

I'm a bit surprised that Oculus is favouring the Rift over the Quest 1.

Really they should be pushing this for all headsets. Not just Oculus ones, but every brand.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
36 REPLIES 36

Or you could "split reality" so you will not see other person and that person will not see you. 🙂

(that is different from "block")

That way teens could live in their own "reality". Even more, there could be several realities for kids and teens according to their age (or one could move +1 year if like to). Same as classes in school.

KEZKHOU.ETH
Explorer

Is the beta for Horizon Worlds still available in the US? I started using an Oculus 2, and the Horizon Worlds app says coming soon.

Hey KEZKHOU.ETH! We understand you're not seeing the option to download Horizon Worlds, and we want to help with that. Some other requirements you must meet to be able to download Horizon Worlds include having a payment method and phone number attached to your account.

Please check your Oculus account and make sure your information is updated. If you see that all your account information is updated, try adding Horizon Worlds to your wish list and awaiting its availability.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

It needs payment method and phone number? That's the first I've heard of those requirements, but it would explain why so many in the US haven't been able to get in.

I notice last week was the deadline for ending Quest 1 support in Horizon Worlds.

It feels like they are reducing their audience more and more.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

I updated my account information to include and verify my payment method and phone number. Tried a full power down, then a restart of my Oculus 2, also tried removing the app then re-adding to my wishlist. However, when I view my Oculus account information on the Oculus website via a desktop web browser, don't see an area that shows my phone number listed anywhere, but I did receive the verification text message from Facebook, and while I'm logged into my facebook account I do see my phone number added and verified. I guess I just have to wait for availability to open up? 

KEZKHOU.ETH
Explorer

@kojack @MetaQuestSupport 48hours after my phone number and payment information was verified to my Facebook account Horizon Worlds access became available. Thank you both for your help and input! Oculus Support, posting the access requirements for Horizon Worlds users in the US & Canada might save future users time and a headache.

Great to hear.

Although... why is this the only place I've seen this extra requirement mentioned?

Not that it helps me, as an Australian I'm not welcome in Horizon Worlds. 😞