cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam

afm
Explorer
All I seem to do is have problems, I know this is an Oculus forum, but trying to get understandable help from Steam is impossible, when I go to steam to run Project cars 2 which I bought for running on my PC and not knowing that I would have to get Steam to open it, but that is another story.
The problem is when I open it in VR in Steam the screen is not centred in front of me in my racing rig, like when I run an Oculus Project Cars version, the screen is behind my racing rig and looking forward through my Oculus headset is black nothing to see.
It gives me the impression that if I was standing in the centre of my set out play area I would have no problems, my racing rig is in the left hand corner of my play area when looking at the two senors, and I am not going to take up my general play area up with my racing rig. Any thought would be appreciated 
9 REPLIES 9

residentweevil
Expert Protege
In the Controls / Edit Assignments / camera menu (or something like that) there's an option to center the VR headset. Edit that and assign it to a button on your controller and press it after the game has loaded. My display never appears where I want it but pressing that always pops it in the right place.

There's also options to recenter the view automatically when you start a race etc so you might want to check those too

afm
Explorer

In the Controls / Edit Assignments / camera menu (or something like that) there's an option to center the VR headset. Edit that and assign it to a button on your controller and press it after the game has loaded. My display never appears where I want it but pressing that always pops it in the right place.

There's also options to recenter the view automatically when you start a race etc so you might want to check those too

I would have thought that when wearing the Oculus head set would automatically centre the screen in front of you, but it does not. I appreciate your help but could you explain your instructions in more detail, like "in controls" what controls? where do I find controls.
I just went into settings in Steam then to controller and into general control setting and guess what "no controller attached and onto big picture config and onto desktop config and so on but the message that kept on coming up was NO CONTROLLER ATTACHED, even though when running Project Cars in Oculus every thing works, I even set up a play space in Steam but to no avail the projected screen is still behind my racing chair in steam

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I had this issue too, you just need to bind a button to your xbox controller or steering wheel so you can "re-centre" the screen. It was annoying at first but easy fix.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

residentweevil
Expert Protege
It's in the Project Cars Controls menu, not Steams

afm
Explorer

It's in the Project Cars Controls menu, not Steams

I am even more lost, why can't anyone explain to me in the simplest terms step by step what to do, my VR experience has become a nighmare, and am thinking of going back to the three screens as they work, VR will take years to correct all these problems, as Steam and Oculus just don't work together

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Just confirm for me, did you buy pcars (1 or 2?) From steam or Oculus home for starters then we will get you up and running 😉

Ahh it's 2 should of read better.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Recenter view In options, key assignments, camera and the other way is to click the oculus home button whilst in game and "recenter view in app" if needed. There's plenty of ways to center the view.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

afm
Explorer

Techy111 said:

Just confirm for me, did you buy pcars (1 or 2?) From steam or Oculus home for starters then we will get you up and running 😉

I originally bought project cars 2 from a games shop to run on my PC, but didn't realised that it had to be activated by Steam to play it, so I was directed to steam and activated it, but every time I tried to race, the screens was at the back of my racing rig, so I bought another Project Cars from Oculus which I think is version 1, and it runs fine on Oculus, the screen is right in front of me, I just have a positioning problem of my avatar in the racing car

afm
Explorer
Well for all who have had the problem of the Steam screen being in the wrong place like it was for me, well I found a solution, by trail and error and a lot of FRASTRATION.
1. Go into Steam with you Oculus headset on
2. Press the menu button on either controller, and the Dashboard will appear
3. Shine your laser light from your controller onto the "Reset View In VR", on the left hand side of the        dashboard, and follow the instructions that will pop up in front of you on the screen  
4. Press the forward button on your controller to set your screen, and that is it untill you play again.