cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR Input

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw this on Rock Paper Shotgun - has anybody tried it to rebind the keys in Skyrim yet with this?

I love the Steam Input system - I have a Steam Controller (great for really old games in certain genres like isometric RPGs), a wired 360 controller for games that don't play nice with my main controller which is a dual shock 4 (though it may end up getting replaced by a Switch Pro controller). I rarely play games with mouse / keyboard anymore because I can comfortably use my dual shock for almost every non-VR game I play with a little bit of setup. I am glad this has made it's way to SteamVR.
6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I saw it on Reddit, and I’m pleased that they finally released it, but I haven’t had the chance to try it yet. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am going to try it either tonight or tomorrow once I have a bit more free time again. 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
So I finally got a chance to play with this. It works as expected, and it allows you to set a profile that will automatically activate for its associated game, so you don't have to load it before playing every time like Input Emulator.

I swapped the A/X buttons with the Grip buttons to allow me to pick up items by squeezing the grips. The only thing I'm having trouble with the Quick Loot menu--when I grab things with the grip button, I end up getting two or three items instead of just one, even with a light and fast tap of the grip button. I don't see that there's any way to tweak this behaviour, so I might end up going back to default controls.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm going to give it a shot today - I will let you know if I experience the same thing.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I noticed last night that I'm also getting the grip input problem in SkyrimVR since opting into the new SteamVR beta (multiple items taken when looting with the grip button).

For Skyrim I'm using a modified controlmap.txt file rather than editing the input through SteamVR, so the issue seems to be a change in how the grip button input is interpreted, rather than a problem with the SteamVR remapping function.

Anyway, I switched Skyrim back to default controls, since I kept accidentally stripping dead bodies while trying to take their valuables.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is just to bad that is where the shouts are located because I find my resting hand state naturally pushes the grip button just enough to activate usually at times when I don't want to, lol

I experimented and found the same issue you did - the sensitivity of that button feels off in menus (it seems to press to many times in a row), I wonder if that is why the shouts happen even if I don't fully press that button down.

I have just started not having shouts or anything turned on - unless it is needed for the quest, I never really used them very often in the flat Skyrim very much either.