cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store reviews - walls of text

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
Is it possible to put a simple line break in your text when adding a review to a game on the store?

At the moment, you can end up with horrific walls of text with no formatting.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure. Can you take a screenshot or give me a link to a review like this?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kzintzi
Trustee
this is definitely a thing - I've written a couple of reviews and it just gloms the text together with no line breaks and such

[Edited to fix the fact that I can't spell]
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

I'm not sure. Can you take a screenshot or give me a link to a review like this?

Actually, viewing store titles in a browser rather than Home, I can't even see any reviews showing up, and I'm not sure if I can grab a link to a review via Home?

I know for certain that my own review of Robo Recall definitely has blank lines to break things up, but when you view the review (and every other review on there), it's just a single block of text.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
Just as an example, this is how my review appears if I edit it:

---
"Riiiiidge Racer"" - I mean, "Robo Recall!".

Robo Recall is unapologetically a first person arcade shooter that channels the spirits of the likes of Namco, AM2 and Sega.

It has all the tropes of those old arcade games and embrasses them fully, but this time doesn't charge you a quid a go (ok, you need all the expensive VR gear, but I'm guessing you already have all that given you're reading this!).

I don't care that it's a wave shooter, and I don't care that it's teleport only - this is an absolute joy to play. It transports me back to those over the top 90's arcade games, complete with a modern VR twist, and I couldn't be happier []-)

Fast and frantic arcade fun - what more do you want?!
---

Now, this is how it appears in the review list:

---
"Riiiiidge Racer"" - I mean, "Robo Recall!". Robo Recall is unapologetically a first person arcade shooter that channels the spirits of the likes of Namco, AM2 and Sega. It has all the tropes of those old arcade games and embrasses them fully, but this time doesn't charge you a quid a go (ok, you need all the expensive VR gear, but I'm guessing you already have all that given you're reading this!). I don't care that it's a wave shooter, and I don't care that it's teleport only - this is an absolute joy to play. It transports me back to those over the top 90's arcade games, complete with a modern VR twist, and I couldn't be happier []-) Fast and frantic arcade fun - what more do you want?!
---

cybereality
Grand Champion
I see what you are saying. Let me ask about this.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Fluke
Heroic Explorer

I see what you are saying. Let me ask about this.

Cool - a bit of formatting would make things much more readable.

Also, was it just me that couldn't see them, or are reviews not actually included if you look on the store via a browser?