cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure Sensor 3D camera - Anyone have any experience with this?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
My company has been working on some industrial applications using 3D vision cameras, and my colleague came across this Structure Sensor. Has anyone seen this or worked with it? It looks like it could have some interesting VR applications, either as a peripheral for users, or for developers working on 3D photogrammy.

In the video below they show someone using it with a Rift DK1 for hand recognition (like a LEAP Motion). It seems to have been around for a couple years, but I've never seen it before. So, has anyone messed around with this? If so, is it any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSXMJaOGRIM

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
1 REPLY 1

nosys70
Expert Protege
structur sensor is part of the intel realsens/kinect 1& 2/primesens &Asus xtion range of lidar-like camera.
the problem in this domain is the fast moving war we got among developpers.
primesens developped kinect, sold it to microsoft, microsoft switched to kinect 2, while intel goes for its own Realsens , apple took control over primesens, most of SDK (software) left in beta or useless since hardware is not avaialble anymore.
So it is a fast moving jungle .
there are tons of software to do realtime 3D reconstruction of rooms ot objects, even video.