cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThankS😕

xatruch18
Honored Guest

a question friends someone stole my oculus quest 2 in a hotel the problem is that I don't know how they got in and I wanted to know if someone can tell me how I can locate them I appreciate it 👍🏼

5 REPLIES 5

Your best bet is going to be Hotel CCTV. I don't believe the Quest is trackable by itself. I don't think it has any GPS or more than basic location services.

Tonberry_Qing
Retired Support

Hey @xatruch18, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you. There's no way to track your Quest 2, but you can manage the sessions you're logged into by signing into oculus.com, navigating to My Profile, then Security. For extra safety measures, I'd also recommend changing the password to your account as well. Also, do not worry about losing your purchases. Purchases are tied to your account and not the device. 

Finally if you have not done so already, reach out to your local law enforcement for further assistance.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

kojack
MVP
MVP

Somebody should make one of those "track my device" apps for the Quest. It's an android device but hasn't caught up to phones/tablets for things like that. Even without GPS, it can at least do wifi based estimation.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

slev1111n
Explorer

I still think that you absolutely do not need CCTV cameras because they do not give you any guarantee that they will help you prevent a robbery or burglary. In order to prevent this from happening, you should still pay attention to ajax because this alarm really works great and is aimed at ensuring that your property is safe. The system immediately notifies users if it detects a break-in, smoke or flooding. I think you should take a look at the site and get to know it better. I wish you good luck!

?