cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

@Anonymous wrote:

Yet you continually discuss the Quest 2 which you supposedly own in this thread.

Why the double standard? When Pyroth posted his Index review in this thread, he openly discussed Quest 2's advantages (SDE, Glare). When I made my comment about Quest 2, it was in comparison to my laptop being able to use PCVR with Quest 2 versus the publicly known issues of the same laptop running the Valve Index.

I'm very much on topic, and my commentary is no different than anyone elses. You just have a personal problem with me; and you make everything personal regardless of how on-topic I remain.

@Anonymous wrote:

You should respect the statement the moderator made rather than just ignoring it.

I have the utmost respect for all of this forum's Moderators. And I do respect Daft's comment. He gave a condition about buying the Index. I took it to heart and attempted to do so. Yet I ran in to some challenges which I feel are very much on topic with this thread.

If the few people in this thread who have a grudge against both Oculus and myself would like to have me refrain from discussion then I'm open to that idea. However, it has to work both ways. There's no sense in having a scenario where you and Rune and Lucy and Omega are able to thread hop insulting Facebook and Oculus and this community while also demanding that this Index thread be treated with the utmost care and respect. 🤣

I only have Index controllers (which cost me more than my Q2 because I needed to import them from the US) so I’ve sort of felt part of the Index club.  However due to the terrible new forum, influx of one post wonders, and current thread bickering I’ve unsubscribed from this Index thread.  Cheers mates.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

I only have Index controllers (which cost me more than my Q2 because I needed to import them from the US) so I’ve sort of felt part of the Index club.  However due to the terrible new forum, influx of one post wonders, and current thread bickering I’ve unsubscribed from this Index thread.  Cheers mates.

It would be nice if I could simply unsubscribe from this thread and be done with the negative tone that is unfortunately created here. However, it doesn't end up being that simple due to the fact that any thread I attempt to read (or create) has a strong chance of having the same members of this thread go in and sour the tone, news, message, etc.

I think it's unfortunate that all these years later and 2 forum make-overs hasn't resulted in resolving this forum's inability to refrain from serving as Sanctuary for those with a vendetta against Oculus and its community.

Really, the only choice for me would be to simply remain focused on the Facebook groups, as they have become the large positive constructive Oculus community that this forum never realized. However, if I ever do leave this community for good, I would rather it be on my own terms as opposed to being forced out by a handful of competitive-product owners lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm I don't see anyone in this thread carrying a grudge against Oculus...

Just because one has and enjoys an Index in addition to possible other headsets ( I would be in that category) does not imply a grudge against Oculus. 

But at least I do own and use an Index which I discuss in this thread.

Oculus is good for the overall growth of VR and I doubt anyone here would be against that.

May not be too crazy about their forums of late though...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm I don't see anyone in this thread carrying a grudge against Oculus...

This comment seems rather grudgy to me:

" And Alyx was made for perfect tracking, not the cheap lackluster inside-out tracking - nor any garbage piped-audio."

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/General/I-have-also-returned/m-p/861710/highlight/true#M375090

There's plenty of evidence on this forum, including this thread. But people see what they wanna see.

"But at least I do own and use an Index which I discuss in this thread."

Yet the comment above is from Rune who doesn't own and use a Quest 2 And this is an Oculus forum first and foremost. So again, why the double standard?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rune owns an Oculus which he praises quite often! In fact Rune has probably done more over the years to promote Oculus in these forums than anybody ! Probably done more to sell Oculus games as well. Heck I bought some based off his passionate recommendations. In fact he still rants about how Lone Echo was the greatest.

To judge someone based on whether or not they own a Quest 2 seems a little silly.

Same as judging them because they have an Index in addition to a Rift.

@Anonymous wrote:

Rune owns an Oculus which he praises quite often!

I remember when Atmos would praise his DK2. Atmos liked the pre-Facebook Oculus and greatly disliked everything from Rift CV1 and beyond. Once Atmos would spend a few weeks insulting all things Oculus... he would praise his DK2.

Similarly, Rune does praise his Rift CV1. Rune likes the tethered PCVR Oculus and greatly dislikes tetherless inside-out tracking Oculus. Once Rune has spent a few weeks insulting all things Oculus... he will praise his CV1.

The strategy is rather transparent, don't ya think?

My comment about this strategy remains the same: Just because you bought an old Oculus product doesn't mean you have purchased a free license to repeatedly antagonize this community over your displeasure of the present-day decisions and offerings.

Case in point, these are just some of Rune's latest negative commentary:

"And Alyx was made for perfect tracking, not the cheap lackluster inside-out tracking - nor any garbage piped-audio."

"Standalone Quest isn't VR to me - maybe VC ("Virtual Cartoon")"

"Right, my friends still tell me that there's only one real VR game, namely Alyx. But now I can correct them - and tell them that soon there's another shining VR diamond, namely a 15 year old low-poly game named RE4!"

"seems no-one cares about new PCVR games anymore in here. My similar post got more than 500 upvotes on Index Subreddit - seems we're still some caring about games where you can't easily count the polygons"

That all sounds very grudgy to me. As it should to anyone taking an objective approach. The only reason I bring up the fact that Rune doesn't own a Quest 2 is because I am repeatedly told in this thread (even by you) that I don't own an Index and therefore should not be allowed to partake in the discussion. So what I'm asking... why the double standard?

Why is it that one must own an Index in order to participate in this Index thread, yet one does not have to own a Quest 2 in order to make all those negative Quest 2 comments across multiple Quest 2 threads?

Not to mention that Rune has tried to perform the clever act of coining a new negative phrase, to automatically insult Quest 2 on a whim: Questified.

Just search this forum for the term "questified" and look at how much fun Rune is having running around the forum trying to make the insult trendy lol

Not in my wildest dreams, lol. Fun thing, my right Index controller is from July 2019, it has always worked perfectly. Did get drifting in the left controller Oct 2019, but got a new one Nov 2019 which still works perfectly. LAst thing I'd do is take one apart 😂

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

It appears there are no moderators left on this forum who want to action against you Zenbane and those that do are your friends. Its clear now the rudest inmates are running the Asylum.

Its a sad day for me but you'll be glad to hear you won another battle, I don't want to be part of this anymore. 

It was sad day you joined this forum in 2016, your toxicity and aggressive behaviour has basically killed the forum community spirit. How you are here after 7 bans is beyond me and for that alone, I have to take my hat off to you. The forum in its hey day was such a friendly great place for all to visit.

Thanks to all the great user who contributed to the forum over the years, it really was a great journey with Oculus.

Like the Elves I shall dwindle into the West or something along those lines 🙂

Cheers and goodbye

Russ

Luciferous
Consultant

It appears there are no moderators left on this forum who want to action against you Zenbane and those that do are your friends. Its clear now the rudest inmates are running the Asylum.

Its a sad day for me but you'll be glad to hear you won another battle, I don't want to be part of this anymore. 

It was sad day you joined this forum in 2016, your toxicity and aggressive behaviour has basically killed the forum community spirit. How you are here after 7 bans is beyond me and for that alone, I have to take my hat off to you. The forum in its hey day was such a friendly great place for all to visit.

Thanks to all the great user who contributed to the forum over the years, it really was a great journey with Oculus.

Like the Elves I shall dwindle into the West or something along those lines 

Luciferous_0-1622025309450.png

Cheers and goodbye

Russ