cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Year of VR

ZaineUK
Explorer
Hi all,

Hopefully 2014 will finally be the year VR takes off. It might come towards the end of the year, but I have a feeling 2014 is going to be the start of a revolution in entertainment and media. Already got my money waiting for a Rift, a playseat and wheel for iracing and a GTX 880. I don't think we will see Star Citizen this year, but I'm hopefully that game will be a good VR experience. 🙂

Happy New Year!

Martin
10 REPLIES 10

360FOV
Honored Guest
It is going to be the year of VR even if I have to pay Frodo and Bilbo Baggins to steal the new Valve top secret research and development HMD prototype. :lol:
“My ally is the Force. Life creates it, makes it grow. It’s energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock…everywhere!"

KingKongomax
Honored Guest
Im very hopefully for the future of Oculus and Valve alike. Im extremely curious and cannot wait a minute more to see what they have in stock for us...

Ive plenty of money saved as well, and a dev kit thats soon to be here, hopeful.

JoshF
Honored Guest
I am updating my Chinese Zodiac accordingly

RiftXdev
Explorer
I am going to buy a new Lawnmower this year I hope.
DK1 | DK2
"The question isn't who is going to let me but rather who is going to stop me"

Calanar
Honored Guest
"RiftXdev" wrote:
I am going to buy a new Lawnmower this year I hope.

Then you will be the lawnmower man. :lol:
Michael Tenery, Software, RPG and Game Developer. Imagine Role Playing: http://www.role-playing.com

RiftXdev
Explorer
😉

Perhaps I should've said Im going to be buying THE lawnmower this year, hopefully! LEts hope Oculus gives us something new to buy soon.
DK1 | DK2

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

CES'14 will see four new VR / AR concepts. If tat is not enough to get excited about - the news that the following week SteamDay will have a major AR/VR presence.

This is make or break for VR HMD's in the consumer sector - all Oculus VR's to loose!
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

RiftXdev
Explorer
Oculus absolutely have to get to market quicker than Steam, Sony or Microsoft. These guys have incredible brands and the best way to project Oculus is to get there first.
DK1 | DK2

Vin
Explorer
"RiftXdev" wrote:
Oculus absolutely have to get to market quicker than Steam, Sony or Microsoft. These guys have incredible brands and the best way to project Oculus is to get there first.

Oculus has been working really hand in hand with Valve, so I don't think you'll see much in the way of competition there.