Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best Kickstarter ever? Testing if we are already in a VR SIM

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Physicists Have A Kickstarter To Test Whether We Are Living In A Simulation

From what I can tell, this is the premise:

Technology as we know it, today, is accelerating so fast that someday we will be able to have the raw power to run a simulation test that determines if we are currently living in a Simulation.

This is similar to the idea that perhaps all of this is really just "a dream."

Insert your favorite Matrix or Inception meme here.

So... if we can agree that in the future we will have the ability to test whether or not life as we know it is real vs a simulation, then it stands to reason that we have already achieved it! Ergo, perhaps that simulation test is running right this very minute, and every one of us is in a simulation already.

This Kickstarter attempts to run tests to answer that question: Are we already in a simulation right now?

And if we are... then we all exist in Virtual Reality at this very moment.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/physicists-have-a-kickstarter-to-test-whether-we-are-living-in...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simulation/do-we-live-in-a-virtual-reality

I love the first proposition for the test, which entails rules of quantum physics and the behavior of protons. I will be following this Kickstarter closely, and funding it to get my Members Card 😁

7 REPLIES 7

kojack
MVP
MVP

The kickstarter campaign ended 3 years ago, have they got any progress yet?

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

oh snap - lol

The article was sent to me recently, and didn't realize it was already closed for backers.

... and reading through the comments, it appears that both on Kickstarter and Reddit, that this project turned out to be yet another "typical Kickstarter."

It's a shame to see this project go sour, as they seemed to really be on to something with their approach "tricking" a simulation through Quantum Physics.

kojack
MVP
MVP

🙂

I think the biggest problem with proving we are in the simulation is that whoever is running it may be watching and keeps making changes to counter the proof.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

inovator2
Expert Protege

Living in a simulation. Hmmm. That explain why when I flap my arms. I can fly!

Why they need to? You could just stop that Kickstarter project and make it seems like "typical Kickstarter."

😄

"First rule of living is simulation is Never tell anyone you are in simulation!"

😄 😄 😄

... or just give you a blue pill 🙂 🙂 🙂