Did you mean: 

The future of 3d modeling...

candiedbug
Honored Guest
...this blew my mind!

12 REPLIES 12

psykomunky
Honored Guest
Agreed - amazing software in it's infancy.
They've shown static (although complex) examples comprising of cubes/cylinders etc with repeating textures - it is something else to handle people etc.
Will definitely make it harder to spot photoshop fakes for sure...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yep, looks amazing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ravenlp
Honored Guest
Wow that is awesome. I haven't done modeling in awhile but man are tools starting to make it so much easier!

Dysheekie
Explorer
This is incredible. Just what a non artistic programmer like myself could use 🙂

Nevolmon
Honored Guest
being a 3d modeler I can say i'm skeptical of this, it seems all of their demos use very primitive shapes, which makes sense given the way they do this. But the trained eye of a 3d modeler can already do this using tools that already exist. not to mention they can make much more complex shapes. the texturing is obviously going to be very symmetrical but it could work on some objects. Overall I think it is great at what it does but it seems like it lacks versatility, which is important to any creative medium. Don't get me wrong, this tool looks like something I would love to have as an addition to 3d modeling suites but by itself I wouldn't bother.

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
"Nevolmon" wrote:
being a 3d modeler I can say i'm skeptical of this, it seems all of their demos use very primitive shapes, which makes sense given the way they do this. But the trained eye of a 3d modeler can already do this using tools that already exist. not to mention they can make much more complex shapes. the texturing is obviously going to be very symmetrical but it could work on some objects. Overall I think it is great at what it does but it seems like it lacks versatility, which is important to any creative medium. Don't get me wrong, this tool looks like something I would love to have as an addition to 3d modeling suites but by itself I wouldn't bother.

I don't think it is meant to be looked at as a replacement for the entire modelling pipeline, it's just a simple way to bust out some objects quickly and easily, and it looks like it will do a rather good job at that.
I demoed a beta for videotrace a couple of years ago and was left somewhat unimpressed. If this software lives up to the hype it will be great and will save some people a lot of time.
It will be a long time (if ever) until there will be a conclusive replacement for a good and well-versed graphics artist. There are just too many bits and bobs that need tweaking by a trained eye.

Don't worry, I don't think anybody is out to take over our jobs with this software just yet. 😉
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

andrew3d
Honored Guest
I can't help but think this is fake.. Maybe I'm just too cynical

stutte
Honored Guest
"andrew3d" wrote:
I can't help but think this is fake.. Maybe I'm just too cynical

You're too cynical.
--Order Date: July 19th --- Order#: 061XXX --- Location: United States --- Status: ARRIVED!--

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this possible to download and try now or is it just a test that the public might never see?