cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only "I've ordered an S or Quest" thread please

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As the title please contain your excitement to this thread only damn you all !!!! 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

362 REPLIES 362

Techy111
MVP
MVP
All depends in the type, condition, age and any other factors. Either sell it to a friend or ebay
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot, I have what I wanted

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Reddit post on a rift s

"Display :
The first thing I noticed when I got in the rift was the clarity. Damn, what an upgrade coming from the Vive. I know that the vive isn't the best considering pixel fill and resolution, but holy **** I was stunned. The most impressive thing in the clarity I think is the Pixel fill and the new Lenses (which are reallly great!). There isn't much a resolution bump coming from the vive, but at first, even when concentrating in the Oculus white room, I couldn't distinguish individual pixels. It seems that white pixels fill the display the most. I could see a really dim and diffused "grid" but it's another league coming from the vive. With small text, you can still make out individual pixels, even with diagonal lines (which reveal the aliasing of the display), but as soon as you take your mind off of it, it disapears. Like I said, there isn't a huge bump in resolution so don't expect a "retina" display in VR yet. IN LENS COMPARAISON HERE: https://imgur.com/gallery/mOJ29ij. In my opinion, for the screen door effect, Oculus really makes up for what was unpleasant distraction with the vive, becomes a forgettable detail with the Rift S.
For the contrast, the Vive and it's OLED display has the edge when it comes to "pitch black" contrast. I wouldn't say it's a problem with the Rift S. I can see that the LCD doesn't bring as dark contrast but the difference really isnt that important. They did a really good job with their choice in the LCD panel and In my opinion, could confuse people who don't know the difference with OLED. The colors are really good and the contrast and brightness is not a problem at all. Only a perfectionnist would complain about the display, and I'm not a perfectionnist so for me, Oculus won the bet switching to an LCD panel. I could not distinguish the difference between a 80hz and the 90hz display of the Vive. Only once in Beat Saber did I feel like I could use a little bit more refresh rate but I think it was my framerate issue more than a Refresh rate one.

+ Pixel Fill
+ Small resolution bump
- Small loss in contrast"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just pre-ordered a Rift-S.  I am soooo weak, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Preordered a rift s on the first day we could pre order at Best Buy. 

Antelles
Explorer

Pre-ordered a Rift S. Seems to be the best of the bunch for me at the moment. 🙂

Wondering why you chose the Rift S, considering myself.

kojack
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Now if I could just get a Display Port to HDMI adapter that would work with the Rift S I will be set. I love the convenience of being able to plug the Rift into my case front ports for HDMI and USB3. I guess I will go ahead and order one and hope it works.

Apparently that won't work.
"We tested HDMI to DisplayPort adapters with Rift S and found they didn’t
work. We reached out to Facebook and were told that no known adapter
currently has sufficient bandwidth to carry the headset’s 1440p 80Hz
signal, but that could change in the future."
Same applies to the Index.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

lensmandave
Superstar

Antelles said:

Pre-ordered a Rift S. Seems to be the best of the bunch for me at the moment. 🙂

Wondering why you chose the Rift S, considering myself.

Well it looks like a nice little increase in resolution and detail rendering compared to my Rift Cv1 at an affordable price for me. 
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like my MSI laptop should work with Rift S. I'm pretty excited to try a modern backpack setup.

Skipper847
Protege
Ive ordered rift S to replace my Rift CV1 as it kind of broke with the right lens gets a white vertical pixelated line in dark textures when moving and puts you off. Also I'm excited about the fact that you haven't got to set the cameras up any more plus 360 degree with the hope of oculus updating the rift so you can still use cameras on the S at some point to get even more precise tracking.