cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about formating my hard drive.. I have an question about Oculus !!

ky4jw
Protege
I have Windows on drive C:\  I am thinking of formatting C:\ …. My Oculus is on drive D:\  How can I do this with out formatting BOTH DRIVES?  I have about 100 Oculus games installed on drive D:\ and I do not want to redownload all of them again.
6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I'm not sure why you would want to format your C drive, but I would consider buying an SSD (they're quite cheap these days) and cloning your C drive onto it. I've done that a couple times without disturbing my Windows install or other drives.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ky4jw
Protege
Uneasily I like to clean up drive C:\ every few years. It make the PC run better at times. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your Oculus apps are on D, then they'll remain on D, even after formatting C. All you'll have to do, is reinstall the Oculus app on C, then direct it to your games on D. 'Some' stuff might still be on C though, so you might want to search the C drive for anything resembling Oculus game titles, then copy to D, then copy back to C once you reinstall an operating system.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

ky4jw said:

Uneasily I like to clean up drive C:\ every few years. It make the PC run better at times. 

Not much call for that if there isn't a problem. There's plenty of programs that will clean up your C: driver without having to format it. 

ky4jw
Protege
What programs do you recommend?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Wise disk cleaner, Wise care 365, Wise registry cleaner (Only use fast scan as it only scans safe entries). Crap Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware. Get all the free ones and these are enough to clean up your computer.