cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Buying...

SaturnsVoid
Protege
My birthday is November 22nd and i have been thinking of buying the dev kit, because i like to play in Unity and there are some cool looking games coming out i would like to try.

My questions are...

When in December will they be shipped? How come they don't keep stock!?
How long did it take for you to get your order?
If there is a issue with my kit how are there Tech Support/Warranty?

Its going to take a lot of work for me to get my family to allow me to order something i will not get for months so i want to know if i should even bother thinking about it.

Also when does the public version come out? Oculus has been around for a while now.
3 REPLIES 3

meandu229
Honored Guest
Where do you live(country) i am thinking of selling mine at cost price +p&p in UK if interested

StCecil
Honored Guest
"SaturnsVoid" wrote:
My birthday is November 22nd and i have been thinking of buying the dev kit, because i like to play in Unity and there are some cool looking games coming out i would like to try.

My questions are...

When in December will they be shipped? How come they don't keep stock!?
How long did it take for you to get your order?
If there is a issue with my kit how are there Tech Support/Warranty?

Its going to take a lot of work for me to get my family to allow me to order something i will not get for months so i want to know if i should even bother thinking about it.

Also when does the public version come out? Oculus has been around for a while now.

If you order now, probably you'll get in the dec batch which will be shipped most likely in the first week

the shipping seems to be pacing up, but I've been waiting to have mine go from ready ( meaning they recieved payment ) to processing ( meaning they're processing it to ship I think ) for 20 days now. I ordered Nov 2nd and its not even on the way yet

however, I'm very happy I ordered an popular opinion is that it will be very worth the wait. I'm just glad I'm getting closer... I should be in the next batch or two that goes out being one just went out that I missed by 2-3 days
Ordered : November 2nd 2013 (November 3rd on my time) Receieved Processing mail : November 25th 2013 (November 26th on my time) Arrived : December 3rd 2013 Status : Enjoying it. Location : 東京 (Tokyo)

mallmagician
Expert Protege
It's not held in stock as this current version is intended for developers, although many non devs have ordered them to try out. Most of those ordered accepting that they are getting an unfinished product. This dev kit does not come with positional tracking and the screen is lower res than most would desire in an end product.

Support is good, just post on this forum and I'm sure someone will help you even if you're not a dev.

Based on your comments, I'm guessing you are wanting a finished product with games with full support. Well, oculus isn't there yet. Although you can certainly get some good experiences by all accounts. However given that you may have to do some convincing to get your family to buy it you, I would suggest waiting a little while, as the Hd dev kit could be just around the corner (I'm guessing in the new year as oculus seem to be pushing to get all orders for the first dev kit out for Christmas).

Having said that, if you order now, it is likely you will receive before Christmas. If not, early new year.