With the 1.17 PC software
update (available now in our public test channel) we’re making it easier to
manage your content library all in one place. Now, you’ll be able to view and
launch all apps that support Rift from your computer or in VR, even if you
acquired them from outside the Oculus Store. We know people sideload apps for a
variety of reasons, so we've included some options to help provide flexibility
and control of what’s displayed. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

• You can toggle displaying
    third party app titles “on” and “off” from the Filter menu of the Library in the
    upper right of the Oculus desktop app
  • You can remove individual
    apps from your Library (note that this does not uninstall the app; also, at
    this time, this action can’t be undone)
  • If you are using an app
    obtained or purchased outside the Oculus Store, your activity will simply
    display as "Online"
  • Library will still display
    the five most recently played apps. If you toggle “off” third party apps
    titles, they will be removed from recent activity

We’ll be iterating on Library
functionality and features with future patches. If you’re testing the release,
please share feedback with us via the PTC, and stay tuned for future updates.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
190 REPLIES 190

ragenrok
Protege

Kensik said:

ragenrok said:

How do we download this test version?

go into your oculus setting click on beta and click on Public Test Channel 

Thank you! downloading now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely brilliant news.

ragenrok
Protege
Installed the new Public test and my library now shows Superhot VR which I own on steamVR not oculus 🙂

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer

ragenrok said:

Installed the new Public test and my library now shows Superhot VR which I own on steamVR not oculus 🙂

Superhot is not a SteamVR game though. It supports the Rift SDK.
SteamVR is Valves software/runtime. And there are quite a few games on Steam that don't support the Oculus SDK;

ragenrok
Protege

Syndroid said:

ragenrok said:

Superhot is not a SteamVR game though. It supports the Rift SDK.
SteamVR is Valves software/runtime. And there are quite a few games on Steam that don't support the Oculus SDK;

I know, im just happy that I can launch it directly from the oculus home now instead of needing to open SteamVR first

nalex66
MVP
MVP

ragenrok said:

Cool! Does Oculus Home automatically add the third-party titles that you have installed, does it add them when you run them, or is there a method to manually add them?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ragenrok
Protege

nalex66 said:

ragenrok said:

Cool! Does Oculus Home automatically add the third-party titles that you have installed, does it add them when you run them, or is there a method to manually add them?

Not sure yet, I'm doing this from my work PC so cant really run games. Didn't see a way to manually add games yet so it either scan's your computer or adds them as you launch them

Narcil
Honored Guest
It adds them when you launch the game from Steam. When the game starts using rift.

How do you "share feedback with us via the PTC" ? Just submit Feedback in the options?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can click Provide Feedback in the Settings menu.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ragenrok
Protege

nalex66 said:

ragenrok said:

Just got home and tested, oculus home adds it to your library as you launch them. Launched "The Lab" and Oculus instantly added it