cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tigerdirect GTX 970

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9267046&CatId=7387

I placed an order for a GTX 970 last week, the order stated a 2 day ship date. I did a live chat with them today for a status and they said it has an ETA of 10/31. No where on the page do I see out of stock or back order and when you place the order it says it will be shipped in 2 days. I've been looking a lot for a 970 and every site is "out of stock" I thought I got lucky...
10 REPLIES 10

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
Keep looking, I received a zortac 970 from amazon last week. The entry said they were out of stock, but I still ordered.
Stocks are quick to replenish for the larger sites. I recommend going to your local Chinese pc hardware store. They will have a direct importing relationship with Hong Kong exporters, as their prices are unbeatable. The key to their success is they can read/write Chinese. Beware of the 25 per cent 'import fee's that look like a duty tax on top of the local state taxes, only for americans, that is elsewhere you might be wacked twice.

em4mars
Honored Guest
Ordered Saturday from newegg.com, got shipping notice sunday! Delivery to be Tuesday!!

Needless to say I am impressed.

Cost for shipping: $5.67…

Can't beat that!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
"em4mars" wrote:
Ordered Saturday from newegg.com, got shipping notice sunday! Delivery to be Tuesday!!

Needless to say I am impressed.

Cost for shipping: $5.67…

Can't beat that!!

I did the same, After canceling my order with Tigerdirect I placed an order on newegg, Hopefully I get it as soon as they say.

Locksmith
Explorer
try this place guys its local to me, its a big place..

a few in stock now

I got the msi 970 a few weeks ago, they have not been in stock since.

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/gpu-nvidia/geforce-gtx-970-%281664-cores%29

I build a lot of pc's using this place for past 18 yrs or so..

if it says in stock, they are..

Kel
Explorer
Got my EVGA 970 SSC from NewEgg.

I clicked the button to notify me when it was back in stock. Once they did, I rushed to place an order for it.

They are still sending me notifications now, even though I do not need it anymore. From those alone it looks as if they get restocked once every 3 days or so.

Also had them notifying me about other brands of the 970, including Zotac. Restock on those items also seem to be every few days as well.

deezdrama
Honored Guest
After having problems with my r9 290 i returned it and bought the gtx 770 superclocked for $330...
This was a month ago, i didnt realize the 970 was right around the corner for almost same price...
kinda bummed

Dramatika
Honored Guest
"deezdrama" wrote:
After having problems with my r9 290 i returned it and bought the gtx 770 superclocked for $330...
This was a month ago, i didnt realize the 970 was right around the corner for almost same price...
kinda bummed

Has it been over a month? maybe you could send it back? Is it evga? they have the upgrade program. Hope you can work it out, I just had my 970 delivered a couple hours ago. upgraded from 670. I booted up Elite Dangerous and it's smooth as silk judder free now. I'm loving it.

deezdrama
Honored Guest
"Dramatika" wrote:
"deezdrama" wrote:
kinda bummed

Has it been over a month? maybe you could send it back? Is it evga? they have the upgrade program. Hope you can work it out, I just had my 970 delivered a couple hours ago. upgraded from 670. I booted up Elite Dangerous and it's smooth as silk judder free now. I'm loving it.

Ill have to check.... it is the evga, whats this upgrade program?

deezdrama
Honored Guest
"Dramatika" wrote:
"deezdrama" wrote:
kinda bummed

😞 I guess its been 2 months since I ordered the 770
Also I didnt register it so not sure if I would qualify for the upgrade program unless I also bought an extended warranty 😞

Furthermore... I dont know if my old rig would benefit from anymore gpu power (the rest of my rig is probably a bottleneck)

Im running an old quadcore xeon overclocked to 4.6ghz
8gb ddr2

Saying that.... I have the feeling the 4gb 970 would probably run the dk2 way better than my current 2gb ram 770 for vr since more ram benefits multiple display setups