cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To The Top - VR Arcade Style Parkour

DarkTenka
Trustee
This game was just released today and I am LOVING it. 

Currently only SteamVR is supported (there is an Oculus Home version in the works according to the dev). Although for me, whom usually SteamVR runs like completely shit, its actually very playable even though it uses SteamVR.

The levels are very open and hopping from surface to surface feels amazing, you can build up a lot of speed and just let yourself fly through the air. It's also a decently lengthed game for $25, after 4 hours of gameplay I've still yet to unlock any of the hard levels. There are some pretty difficult levels already, I can't wait to see what's in store.

I feel the need to give the game a shout-out as its not recieving much attention and its really really good in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1u90ci7o0

http://store.steampowered.com/app/509250/TO_THE_TOP/
3 REPLIES 3

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
I thought it looked really interesting when I saw it on Steam yesterday, it's just at a price point where I wont take any chances. I'm not getting this at the moment but definitely think it looks good.

Edit: Ok, it's not really a game for me, not after learning how it plays. It still looks good though, but not for me.

DarkTenka
Trustee

Mr.Creepy said:

I thought it looked really interesting when I saw it on Steam yesterday, it's just at a price point where I wont take any chances. I'm not getting this at the moment but definitely think it looks good.

As for the price, I'm finding it much better value than a lot of other games I've seen. Many games have you paying $20-$40 for a mere 1-2 hours of gameplay. I mean if you value "high fidelity graphics" a lot, then maybe this game is less valuable to you, but personally it ticks all the right boxes for me. I'm pretty sure I will get at least 10 hours of gameplay out of it and thats just to beat the game. I will probably play it even further just to enjoy the levels again.

A lot of the levels are very creative, the first one that really impressed me was I think the 4th or 5th level which has a whole heap of half-pipes/quater pipes in it. The trick is though, the very edge of the half pipe has a "speed-surface" on it so if you touch and jump off it it launces you into the air. Feels amazing.

In anycase I could gush forever about this game right now. I'm extremely impressed with it.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Yeah, but those game with little playtime are rare purchases for me, I don't have a budget to buy every game that I want. So I only buy the games that really appeals a lot to me. This one looks good but not my prefered type of game.