cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 5 Jump Scares ( suggestions please )

WhelanWeb
Honored Guest
Hi All

As you all know by now we like creating video lists of VR experiences and putting them on our site. I've been thinking of doing a video based on jump scares and I want to get your feedback on what I should add. I know that no list is ever perfect but this could be quite fun.

I don't know how long the list will end up being be but below are some of my favorite jump scares.

NOTE: Spoilers below Do not read through the comments if you intent to play any of the below.

Dreadhalls ( Statues )
Totally unexpected when the move and you hear the bell go ting...

Asunder ( Goblin )
This one is expected but its done so well it still makes you jump

Maere When lights Die ( The Girl )
Just when you think its safe to turn around :cry:

Affected ( mental patient )
Multiple jump scares in this but the most subtle is when your trapped in a room and need to turn back only to find somebody is watching you.

Deep down in Space ( death mask )
If you haven't played this yet when you die your in for a big surprise
Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com
9 REPLIES 9

cleverusername
Explorer
7th guest feeling lonely

The Bard's Tale II the destiny knight when your pal the old sage wizard in the forest hut turns into the EVIL ARCHMAGE! (annakin luckeY! LOL! I kid I kid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfb7bznhyE&feature=player_detailpage#t=159

LAGOTH ZANTA! Better get to casting ZZGO - LOL!

Eaten by a Grue in Zork - Damn what a jumpscare!

And like my avatar, the best of all is in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, where you go to sleep and die when the VOGON constructor fleet shows up.
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops:

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you find hhgttg and zork deaths to be jump scares, you probably don't know what jump scare means (or will die from a heart attack if you ever play a game with real jump scares).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

cleverusername
Explorer
"kojack" wrote:
If you find hhgttg and zork deaths to be jump scares, you probably don't know what jump scare means (or will die from a heart attack if you ever play a game with real jump scares).

I watched this movie about Norbecker Lite Beer, Are you sensitive enough?

I hope Oculus has the necessary legal disclaimers so that if I die my uncle doesn't get all of congress after them for killing me with VR jumpscares! LOL!

Was just at an insights into gaming Panel in Kirkland, Wa, they were talking about how so many games are violent and scary, so some scientist got up about his protein folding game that had found a cure for Aids and said that is more of the games we need, less scary and killing, more solving real world problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foldit

In 2011, players of Foldit helped to decipher the crystal structure of the Mason-Pfizer monkey virus (M-PMV) retroviral protease, an AIDS-causing monkey virus. While the puzzle was available to play for a period of three weeks, players produced an accurate 3D model of the enzyme in just ten days. The problem of how to configure the structure of the enzyme had stumped scientists for 15 years.[7][8] (I asked him at the end who gets to control all that Genetic IP, even my own code, he said we must be vigilant)
mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4123 I am looking into that LEEP VR I lack practical 3d knowledge, I have found some good links, but I am not sure if they are the ones you were talking about. Would you mind direct linking me to them? :oops:

kojack
MVP
MVP
A beer commercial featuring semi naked guys in a sauna is not a jump scare. Deciphering the Mason-Pfizer monkey virus (M-PMV) retroviral protease is not a jump scare.

This is a jump scare:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JumpScare
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DarrenM
Explorer

Welby
Adventurer
I'm not sure if the intention of this thread was to spam random jumpscares from youtube!!

I think you have to share jumpscare about VR Games/Demo..

I guess.. :?:

cleverusername
Explorer
"kojack" wrote:
A beer commercial featuring semi naked guys in a sauna is not a jump scare. Deciphering the Mason-Pfizer monkey virus (M-PMV) retroviral protease is not a jump scare.

This is a jump scare:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JumpScare

Meme chain lost again. Our frequencies deviated. U were implying I was a wimp and too soft and sensitive if grue death scared me. So I post video that yes I am sensitive like in that video. That much more jumpscare than that might really kill me. That is why I dress up as Mario and like Nintendo stuff. A whole ecosystem for the most part that won't kill sensitive wimps like me with scary jumps care stuff. The professor was talking about too much violence and jump scares in his talk last night. Is it clearer the meme association now?

TheArcheaon
Honored Guest
"WhelanWeb" wrote:
Hi All

As you all know by now we like creating video lists of VR experiences and putting them on our site. I've been thinking of doing a video based on jump scares and I want to get your feedback on what I should add. I know that no list is ever perfect but this could be quite fun.

I don't know how long the list will end up being be but below are some of my favorite jump scares.

NOTE: Spoilers below Do not read through the comments if you intent to play any of the below.

Dreadhalls ( Statues )
Totally unexpected when the move and you hear the bell go ting...

Asunder ( Goblin )
This one is expected but its done so well it still makes you jump

Maere When lights Die ( The Girl )
Just when you think its safe to turn around :cry:

Affected ( mental patient )
Multiple jump scares in this but the most subtle is when your trapped in a room and need to turn back only to find somebody is watching you.

Deep down in Space ( death mask )
If you haven't played this yet when you die your in for a big surprise

Ambiance. Ambiance is always important in a horror game (Slenderman really wasn't that scary imo) but the music scared the crap out of me.
VR Pilot!

WhelanWeb
Honored Guest
Funny replay all. 🙂

I did mean VR jump scares.
Got a game in development or a cool piece of VR tech you want to show off? We are looking for demos, trailers and all things VR. Just send us a mail and we would be more than happy to feature it on our site. http://www.virtualrealityreviewer.com