cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking Points on Oculus Rift headset CV1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I want to mount my Leap Motion onto my Oculus Rift headset, an don't want to block any tracking points? Has anyone got an image of these points.
Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you take a photo with a phone, the IR light from the tracking LEDs should be visible to the camera. With an iphone, it works with the "selfie" camera but not the back-facing camera.

w8euht0zqz4h.jpg

Here's a photo--it looks like there's a zone in the middle where it'll just fit without blocking any, but you'll want to use a camera to get it right.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a million, that's foolproof!
just what I need to get it perfectly fitted.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried with iphone + ipad and no good; but then i remembered ive got a pair of night vision goggles.
Looks amazing; quite funny; wearing IR goggles to view sensors on a VR headset...!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I can still see the IR LEDs with my iphone, but they're very dim compared to the DK2--it had much brighter LEDs that were very visible on the iphone.

Anyway, glad you found a way. I noticed that LEAP has put out instructions on exactly where to mount the device on a CV1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdL3y-mrFM

SpiceLife72
Adventurer
I bought a leap, kinda pointless like the physix card I bought a few years ago.  It's never going to be supported enough.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've been tempted to grab one, but the use-case is a bit thin. If you haven't tried it, AltspaceVR is one app that I wanted LEAP in. It gives your avatar hands that you can use to gesture to other people with, even if you can't use them to manipulate objects. If they can find a way to allow you to pick things up with LEAP hands like you can with game pads and Vive wands, then they'll really have something!