cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried out new VR Covers: facial interfaces & foam replacements for Oculus Rift

charyVR
Honored Guest
In this video we will cover VR Covers for the Oculus Rift. And we will let you guys know how to use them, how to install them and also which one we think you should get. 

https://youtu.be/5SJ8BDyaH54

If you don't wanna watch a video and read instead, here's a summary:
- The leather ones are definitely our favourites over the velour cotton covers as you don't have to throw those in the wash machine and wait for them to be washed. The leather ones you can easily and effectively clean with anti-bacterial wipes.
- Our favourites are the 6 mm leather ones with little holes (PU Leather Foam Replacement). It even increases your field of a view a bit. You'll get this in the basic set and that set is all you need if you don't want any custom looks.
- If you want to make your Rift a bit sexier however (like the red interface + black leather foam replacement that we showed in the video) than definitely get the pro set.
12 REPLIES 12

KarenHall
Honored Guest
are they compatible with ocula rift dk2

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Funny, we knew from DK1 that there was going to be a need for a VR covers type solution - but still the system was fielded with a open-foam platform. Shame that we have to depend on aftermarket hardware - what ever happened to peripherals from OVR?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
You know this was covered about 6 billion times when they were first released? The only difference now is the colours.

(slight exaggeration, but the point is sound)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chary. I have seen your channel looks like you have great fun making them. I use the VRCover and it is quite easy to install as they do come with instructions so doesn't require further help.
What I notice however, is that the HMD Sensor is always triggered ON by it. I still allow USB Power Management and Sleep Mode without issues so I don't get bothered by it. Eventually it will turn off.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I use them - since they were released, and I never have that problem.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
My CV1 VR Cover is still going strong. Need one for the GO now because I get itchy face when wearing it in bed.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Are you in the UK? I have a couple of spare ones. I do have a spare interface, too, but it's the one for specs wearers. The pads I have are the thick pu-leather ones. I prefer the thin ones, so I haven't used the thick ones.

Thmoas
Rising Star
What you should make is a facial interface with holes in it to try to prevent fogging.

RattyUK
Trustee

Brixmis said:

Are you in the UK? I have a couple of spare ones. I do have a spare interface, too, but it's the one for specs wearers. The pads I have are the thick pu-leather ones. I prefer the thin ones, so I haven't used the thick ones.

Error by me - that was in answer to a GO question.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3