cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two new mixed reality business apps: Microsoft Remote Assist and Microsoft Layout

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
10 REPLIES 10

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Looks like HTC is also jumping on the same bandwagon:

I'm in support of this as well. I simply can't help but notice that coming out of F8 - where Facebook focuses so heavily on VR's potential throughout various industries - and the first thing both Microsoft and HTC respond with is advertising for... VR's potential throughout various industries.

Prior to F8, all anyone was talking about were AAA experiences and Killer Entertainment Apps.

Now it's all about VR for the Business.

Is there any other proof needed that Facebook is most literally leading the VR Industry? F8 result in HTC and Microsoft reducing their focus on game-centric ideals.

kzintzi
Trustee
Leaving the "Facebook is leading" argument aside (I'm sure someone will come to argue that bit with you, and besides I agree :o), I'm hoping that it's a sign that the various players in the field are actually collaborating on direction (at least to some extent). even though they're competitors for our money, all of them want VR/AR/MR to succeed so it makes sense for them all to start talking about the same/similar breakthroughs into the same fields at similar times.

if all of the big players start making moves into the corporate market at the same time it tells the rest of the tech industry that they have VR/AR-centric usage cases for the tech, which is exciting :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I've never been a big fan of the "follow the leader" approach. Which is essentially what you describe here:
if all of the big players start making moves into the corporate market
at the same time it tells the rest of the tech industry that they have
VR/AR-centric usage cases for the tech, which is exciting

Organization's need a niche. When everyone is changing their tune the moment they see the biggest player acting on a strategy... I don't think it sends the right message. It feels less "VR/AR-centric" and more "chicken running around without a head."

I could be wrong though!

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

I've never been a big fan of the "follow the leader" approach. Which is essentially what you describe here:

Organization's need a niche. When everyone is changing their tune the moment they see the biggest player acting on a strategy... I don't think it sends the right message. It feels less "VR/AR-centric" and more "chicken running around without a head."

I could be wrong though!

Well, Apple has a notch on the iPhone X, tech community hates it ... yet every dick, tom and harry are adding notches to their phones because the public loves it!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Agreed. Apple's coming in late, but they do march to their own beat.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
btw, @kzintzi - welcome back to the forum! You seem to have been gone or inactive for awhile. Missed ya, buddy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find it difficult to believe that Microsoft are STILL releasing HoloLens bullshit videos all this time later lol 😮 😄 😄 😄

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

I find it difficult to believe that Microsoft are STILL releasing HoloLens bullshit videos all this time later lol

Embrace the love. If MS HoloLens had only one meme, it would be this:

kzintzi
Trustee

Zenbane said:

I could be wrong though!

I think there is a difference between follow the leader, and collaboration on overall direction - but yeah if it is follow the leader then that's less awesome... unless you own the leaders kit, in which case it just proves we picked the right runner :tongue:
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.