cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upside down sensor tracking problems

CrymsonMA
Explorer
In preparation for the Oculus Touch and to improve my tracking area, I 3D printed a ceiling mount for the Oculus sensor and mounted it upside down in the corner of my ceiling.  It looks great, but when I put the headset on, the tracking is inverted (ie. Up=Down).  I know this is due to the sensor being upside down, but I have seen other posts of people using upside down sensors without issues.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
cx5i6qud3s8a.jpg
8 REPLIES 8

maxpare79
Trustee
really if this is the case it's going to be a problem for my setup as well when Touch arrives...that was my plan...maybe @cybereality can chime in...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

neddycgoon
Protege
There will be an invert option somewhere Ive seen folks using these without issue.Maybe ask Reality Check VR dude on youtube his are upside down.

maxpare79
Trustee
there is an option when you select your sensor in Home to reset Default view...that might be it?
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

kojack
MVP
MVP

maxpare79 said:

there is an option when you select your sensor in Home to reset Default view...that might be it?

I just tried that. Resetting default view didn't help, my sensor won't work upside down either.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CrymsonMA
Explorer
I reinstalled Oculus home and that seemed to resolve the issue.  Thanks for the support!

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer
The alternative solution would be to move to Australia.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Sakkura said:

The alternative solution would be to move to Australia.

That's where I am and it's not working. 🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

YoLolo69
Trustee
Mine is on my desk and I used an extension originally for GoPro to extend it between its feet and the sensor (around 28 cm, up and down screwing compatible with sensor and its feet)). With such flexible thing you can mount on ceiling and keep it straight as usual. In any case if reinstalling software is enough that's solve this for good 😉lcq2lnxit8g2.jpg

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1