cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User makes Oculus Only Smooth Locomotion mod for Doom VFR

DarkTenka
Trustee
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/7h6nva/smooth_locomotion_in_doomvfr_for_rift_i_scripted/

@kojack not sure if you're still around buddy, but that thing you made ages ago has sent ripples through space and time. Thank you!

And thanks to SpeakEasyArcade for this awesome AHK Script.

Oculus Rift is now  - actually the best way to play DooM VFR.

Oh the irony.

19 REPLIES 19

kojack
MVP
MVP
Hehe, cool, somebody is using it.
🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DarkTenka
Trustee

kojack said:

Hehe, cool, somebody is using it.
🙂

I have actually also been using it myself in speedrunning so I could get my Oculus Touch controls to talk to LiveSplit (a piece of software for speedrunners which will show the time of each segment of a game as you progress, so you can see where you can improve).

Its funny how this little thing you made turned out to be so useful. Just know that I, and I'm sure many others as well, are very grateful for your work incase you are unaware.

kojack
MVP
MVP
I should get around to releasing my other one: it lets touch act as direct x joysticks using Vjoy.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

DarkTenka
Trustee

kojack said:

I should get around to releasing my other one: it lets touch act as direct x joysticks using Vjoy.

That would actually solve my other problem!!!

I want to rebind the teleport button in DooM VFR, but oddly it doesnt let you do it ... it lets you rebind a bunch of other things .. but for whatever reason the teleport button is hard-coded. But it is hardcoded to the Left Thumb press (aka left touch pad on vive) and the Left Trigger on Xbox Controller... so if I could redirect a press to left trigger on Xbox controller I could then rebind any touch control to teleport!

vannagirl
Consultant
modders saving their ass again

how often this happens
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Nelavik
Explorer

kojack said:

If you ever release it, I would alse be very interested for the same reason as KillCard 🙂

DNACowboy
Adventurer
Completely changes the game in a positive sense, you now have complete control over your character.
Who is John Galt?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
So how do you use this so that you don't teleport in Doom?

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
Anyone who's tried this, is there a way to make it controller-oriented movement, or is it still locked to HMD-forward?