cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRTUAL DESIGN

jstone710
Honored Guest
I'm a 3D designer working on mostly Sketchup. Sketchup has a plugin in called Podium and after rendering you can put the image of the room in a panoramic view. What I need to do is figure out if it's possible to get my file into the Oculus for client viewing of their future rooms or full houses. I might have bought the wrong platform to do so. I'm hoping not. 
 So can anyone tell me if that's doable and how to start on something like that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not really familiar with Sketchup or Podium. Normally you'd have two options for getting 360 content on Rift or Gear VR. You could export a 360 photo from your content creation app and view it with the Oculus 360 photos app. Or you could export the 3D asset as an FBX file (for example) and then import into a game engine like Unity. You may want to see if either of those options would work for you. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not really familiar with Sketchup or Podium. Normally you'd have two options for getting 360 content on Rift or Gear VR. You could export a 360 photo from your content creation app and view it with the Oculus 360 photos app. Or you could export the 3D asset as an FBX file (for example) and then import into a game engine like Unity. You may want to see if either of those options would work for you. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jstone710
Honored Guest
That puts me in a forward direction thank you. I'll see what kind of file it's converted into.