cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR and education

vrfanboy37
Explorer
When I was in grade school we had a few old apples with double 5.25 drives. not because nothing better was available but because we inherited them from the high school. All thru high school there were a couple of pcs in the class rooms but most of the teachers gave them puzzled looks and then turned back to the chalk board. Comp Lab was decent and shop class surprisingly had a c and c machine (metal shop) both were thanks to one faculty member who understood the value of pc literacy and had the money to donate the equipment.

Fast forward to now and there are organizations that make it possible for every student to have a pc. some schools are trying to replace books with tablets. But VR in the classroom will be a game changer. The Magic school bus will be real.
Kids will visit giza, climb mount Everest, dive the great barrier reef. I'm excited for them. I can see kids playing with molecules like lego blocks, learning chemistry with ease ( that class crushed my gpa . I just couldn't visualize it)
3 REPLIES 3

mazelhazel
Honored Guest
I also run to develop education simulation for VR. Instead of history, I run Physics and Astronomy. Start from the BIG BANG theory. I will put simulation where the user feels like in space. See from dark nothing into something, see how universe work from the first time. Later I will make simulation for quantum mechanics. Which every student feels like in hydrogen atom, and I design it with interactive choice! Oculus VR make it real. I will launch prototype several month from now.

May the force be with education interest!

Ahzrei
Honored Guest
Education for children is great.

Am I going to lose my mancard because I want to do all those things in VR too? :lol:

herds
Honored Guest
ok kids, pop on your headsets, we're going to study the d-day landings.

things like that will be cool and teach a lot. Although kids are kids and the response will be:

hey mike, lets watch a 360 movie instead