cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR as cure for vertigo and a path to get VR sea legs in a quick time

killkrt
Honored Guest
Hi,

I have two topics that may be a little related.

Vertigo
I suffer from vertigo in a bad way (cannot stand in my balcony at fourth floor) and I was wonder if there are some apps/games that can be used to fight this fear in the real life.
I read this BBC article (3 years ago) and I would like to know if there is something new about this kind of research.

Motion sickness
I also suffer motion sickness from VR, in real life I just suffer spinning stuff and few videogames.
Anyway it is getting better (I am trying to make little steps everyday with my Oculus Quest and eating ginger ;)), but I was wondering if there is a suggested path to follow (from Oculus or experts) in order to getting better and getting sea legs in a quick time.

In general it would be great if Oculus and other big companies would provide some kind of tools/apps/games that could drive the newcomers in these topics, AFAIK a lot of people is repelled by VR because of motion sickness or vertigo, so these are important topics.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
For vertigo you can try these two 
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1388204261277129/?ranking_trace=1446955542027801_13882042612... Which is 15$

For the VR legs uou kind of just have to het through  it.
I bought these when a fprum member auggeated em they helped but now I just buy em cause I liked em.

WAAAGH!

killkrt
Honored Guest
Nice, I will give a try even if it is more a minigame than a psychological tool.
I am looking for something that stress my vertigo in different situations with a less cartoony graphics (so maybe it would need a PC with Quest connected via Link), but anyway this could be a start!

Thanks also for the ginger chew suggestion  😉