cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Environment changed

MorsanBC
Explorer

Hi! My son says that his Home virtual environment suddenly is changed and In the new one he can see like a phone or a mirror with his avatar in it. He hasn't changed it. Could it been hacked??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @MorsanBC! I can see how this would seem like a cause for concern, but I'd love to clear some things up. No need to worry, your sons headset was not hacked. What most likely happened is there was an update that came through that changed the current home environment. 

You can definitely change it again if you'd like to. You can just follow the below steps to find where to do so:

1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to
  3. open the Quick Settings panel.
  4. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  5. Select Personalization.
  6. Select the home environment you want to use. You may need to download the environment before you can apply it.

Hopefully this sheds some light on this!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TheAntiSocializer
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey @MorsanBC! I can see how this would seem like a cause for concern, but I'd love to clear some things up. No need to worry, your sons headset was not hacked. What most likely happened is there was an update that came through that changed the current home environment. 

You can definitely change it again if you'd like to. You can just follow the below steps to find where to do so:

1. Press the Oculus button on your right Touch or Touch Pro controller to pull up your universal menu.
  2. Hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to
  3. open the Quick Settings panel.
  4. Select Settings in the top right corner.
  5. Select Personalization.
  6. Select the home environment you want to use. You may need to download the environment before you can apply it.

Hopefully this sheds some light on this!

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

Thank you so much! ❤️