cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vive Pro 2

pyroth309
Visionary

I saw this yesterday and I'm kind of interested to see what the specs and cost is.

https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-announce-vive-focus-3-vive-pro-2-report/

Rumors swirling on the Vive reddit that it's 120hz lcd, 120 degree FOV, and much higher resolution than index. Guess we'll find out next week.

79 REPLIES 79

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I was really hoping for a new Vive Pro 2 with faster, 120Hz OLED's.

Like Vive responded to all this;

Update (May 5th, 2021): Asked about the report, an HTC spokesperson tells Road to VR, “we do not comment on rumor and speculation.”

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Yea. I was just repeating what the Vive redditors are saying, could be completely false.

Everyone has gone away from OLED so I'd be pretty surprised if they come out with another.

There's a possibility I could be interested in this if the price isn't ridiculous. I love my G2 and have used it a lot the last few months but I'd like to have resolution near this with innate lighthouse tracking.

@pyroth309  Faster, higher res OLED's were announced a while ago so I was, and still am, hoping to see these employed in a new high-end PCVR headset in the near future.  Any brand or platform except WMR, lol!  Time will tell I guess.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whatever specs it has there's one thing for certain. It'll be overpriced. That's the HTC MO.

I'm expecting the Vive Focus 3 to be at least $600 and the Vive 2 to be over $1000. Maybe even as much as $1200 if they go crazy with the specs.

And neither headset will sell that much.

pyroth309
Visionary

Yea the rumor is like $850 US, but that's probably without base stations knowing HTC lol.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Saw the article too - Vive Pro 2 could be the most interesting thing happening in years, especially if Knuckles and base stations are supported. Otherwise it'll probably be dead to me. But maybe HTC learned their Cosmos lesson, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

@Anonymous wrote:

Whatever specs it has there's one thing for certain. It'll be overpriced. That's the HTC MO.

I'm expecting the Vive Focus 3 to be at least $600 and the Vive 2 to be over $1000. Maybe even as much as $1200 if they go crazy with the specs.

And neither headset will sell that much.

Agreed. Sadly, the most exciting thing about HTC's VR product line... is waiting to see who ends up buying it and getting disgruntled.

The only non-Oculus HMD that gets my attention is the Reverb. I'd love to see them improve hand-tracking though. When/If Valve follows through with their plans to create an Inside-Out tracking HMD to keep up with modern times, that will probably be attractive as well.

I said nothing would make me cancel my Index order again, i was wrong, a Vive II pro with Oled would be the one thing i would pay a premium for at this point.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

pyroth309
Visionary

For me OLED really isn't a big factor like it used to be. After using G2 For 6 months, this combination of colors and clarity is really good to me. I don't miss OLED except in a few games where the darkness is just overwhelmingly prevalent but I can still play it on G2. I find G2 colors much richer and pop much more than what my Quest 2 does...but even that one is tolerable to me at this point.

The reason I may consider a Vive Pro if the price/specs are acceptable is the Reverb tracking volume. I'm one of the fortunate ones that doesn't have lighting or interference issues with my G2 and it's rock steady for me. It's just the volume that's lackluster for me. The vision of it is more limited than my O+ was and it can't see anything below my nipples in front of me. It gets a bit annoying in menus and anytime I'm in a normal hands down resting position. So if Vive Pro 2 has similar specs or better and has a significantly better tracking solution I'm probably gonna grab it. If it's just another Inside out headset with similar specs... I'm good with G2 until a total solution comes unless it proves to be near total coverage. I haven't run into a game with G2 I can't play effectively, it would just be the luxury of having high volume tracking with high resolution that I'd like to get. Add on a 120 FoV and yea, I will probably bite if that turns out true and it's not >$1500.

I hate seeing SDE so anything below Quest 2 subpixel count...IE that resolution with RGB stripe... is not going on my eyeballs again lol.