Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vr Fails

Anonymous
Not applicable
34 REPLIES 34

cybereality
Grand Champion
Ha! That's pretty good. The clip with the guy sitting on the ball I had not seen.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Brilliant lol, although I'm pretty sure that the one with the woman running into the wall is fake. If you look at it closely she doesn't hit the wall that hard and she kind of softens the impact with her hands/Vive controllers. The others looked genuine though.

cybernettr
Superstar
It may be funny to see minor accidents like this on video, but when major accidents start happening, like people walking through plate glass windows or even falling out of windows, it's going to cause some MAJOR negative publicity and really give VR a black eye in the view of the public. That's why I think Oculus is taking the right path in shying away from roomscale VR for now. When treadmills become affordable (and safe) it will become a different ballgame, but for now I think staying in place will be the safest course of action. Even standing in VR makes me feel a little wobbly sometimes, and I have an excellent sense of balance. When I get my Oculus Touch I will have to be extremely careful not to knock over my monitor, put dings in the walls or stick my hands in the ceiling fan. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Nice troll there @cybernettr

People have severe injuries, and even die, in car accidents every day. The automobile industry still thrives somehow.

solidsnake4444
Honored Guest

cybernettr
Superstar

Zenbane said:

Nice troll there @cybernettr

People have severe injuries, and even die, in car accidents every day. The automobile industry still thrives somehow.

Not a troll at all, m'boy. Cars are essential, roomscale VR is not. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm surprised we haven't seen any YouTube videos or newspaper reports of idiots breaking their tellies like we did with the Wii remotes years ago.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Not a troll at all, m'boy. Cars are essential, roomscale VR is not. 

Hmm, so consumers can't demand safer vehicles just because vehicles are essential? Essential and safety are mutually exclusive? Doesn't seem to add up.

Although, a future where we control our Robot cars with our HMD's is not too far away. Nonetheless, I dropped the troll card because this thread is about harmless fun, and you went straight to the "real life death" scenario lol

And while I do like the creativity behind calling HTC Vive "pro-death" and Oculus Rift "pro-life," the fact is that Oculus is most certainly working on Room Scale:

Oculus Rift looks to beat HTC's Vive at room-scale VR
http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/oculus-rift-looks-to-beat-htc-s-vive-at-room-scale-vr-132541...

So does that mean Oculus is moving towards pro-death? 😮

cybernettr
Superstar

Zenbane said:

So does that mean Oculus is moving towards pro-death? 😮

Well, Vive is out of the gate with room scale first, so we'll see what kind of negative publicity ensues when someone is killed or grievously injured in VR.