cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to buy the Oculus rift?

Alanosaurus
Sightseer
Hi All,
Should I wait for Oculus Rift S launch to buy the Original Rift?
Currently the Rift is priced at $530 AUD, do you expect the price to go down when the newer version is released, and so should I wait a month or so and get the rift for a lower price?

Thanks,
Alan

Edit: just purchased the cv1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
The thing is Oculus is no longer producing the Original Rift so once stock is sold it will be replaced with the Rift S.  If you want Outside in Tracking and a higher frame rate and Mechanical IPD adjustment then you better snap up an old school Rift fast.   Or if you don't care about those things get wait for the Rift S.  It does have better Optics and Screen Resolution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure about Australia but in the US the Rift S will be $399, $50 more than the current Rift. But it's going to have improved visuals and you won't have to mess around with sensors.

Personally I'd say you're better off waiting and getting the Rift S. Less hassle to set up, higher resolution, less SDE and less god rays.

HiThere_
Superstar
I expect the CV1 to sell out without a price cut :
- The only physical IPD slider in it's price range.
- The only OLED screen(s) in it's price range.
- The only Windows 7 Headset in it's price range.
- The best audio in it's price range.

Swifty0ne
Expert Protege
The thing is Oculus is no longer producing the Original Rift so once stock is sold it will be replaced with the Rift S.  If you want Outside in Tracking and a higher frame rate and Mechanical IPD adjustment then you better snap up an old school Rift fast.   Or if you don't care about those things get wait for the Rift S.  It does have better Optics and Screen Resolution.