cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well done with the guardian update (showing outlines)

Jackie.SAMCRO
Honored Guest

This is by far the BEST new feature/function with the Quest 2 firmware updates (guardian outline showing objects highlighted but not intrusive)! This is awesome, as now I can see light purple lines around my dog when he walks by (so I don't kick into him). I for one, appreciate this update (and I rarely comment good things of approval)! Usually, I am saying this or that sucks, or doesn't work, but not this time! This is an awesome change that was very much needed!

This is VERY well thought out, and VERY well appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I 100% agree with you on this one! My cat loves to just walk up to me and rub against my legs which can be 1 - dangerous for her when I'm playing and 2 - surprising to me when I feel something touch my leg when I'm in VR. This Guardian feature is by far one of the most helpful updates for me personally, and I'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same way! 

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

Jackie.SAMCRO
Honored Guest

Yup, same with my pup, he likes to walk underneath of me and plop down, so I almost never know (of course I expect it now) so I was always careful. With this new and improved guardian, it's no longer a guessing game and if/when I step on his tail again! I think this is an incredible update and one that's long overdue, but I am glad it's finally here!