cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Games Will Come With Oculus Go? Don't Want To Miss Out On Christmas Sales.

Phedg1
Explorer
I fully intend to purchase an Oculus Go when they come out early next year. The Rift and the Vive came with a bunch of free games when you purchased them, especially if you got them soon after initial release. There is very little confirmed about the Oculus Go but knowing they'll be similar to the Gear VR and Google Daydream I know I'm going to want one, especially seeing as they don't require a $800 phone. Knowing that some games are probably going to come out with the Go I don't want to spend money preemptively on games in case I would end up getting them for free with the headset. That being said, there's bound to be a number of games that don't come with the headset and I don't think they'll be on sale, like they are now, when it is released. So either way I'm leaving money on the table. This frustrates me that they're only releasing it and it's details after Christmas. Feels like a missed opportunity.

Does anyone have any ideas what games might be given out with the Go? Is it worth purchasing Gear VR games on the Oculus store if you don't own a Gear VR but you're going to own a Go?
2 REPLIES 2

It's a risk.  I'm pretty sure i remember somebody from Oculus saying MOST of the Gear VR library will come across to the Go.

Just wait, there are sales several times throughout the year.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a risk.  I'm pretty sure i remember somebody from Oculus saying MOST of the Gear VR library will come across to the Go.

Just wait, there are sales several times throughout the year.

It's completely up to the developers, but seeing as the Oculus Go is binary compatible all they need to do is change the in-game splash screen and send it off to Oculus for Submission. Any developer NOT doing this is a fool that shouldn't be allowed outdoors without responsible adult supervision lololol 😄