cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best VR games?

SpottiChen
Protege
I know that good examples are The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR or Doom VFR, which are based on existing (albeit sometimes dated) titles. 

But I think these are only for beginners who are making their first forays into VR gaming, or franchise fans who want to try their most beloved game in a new way. So I'm wondering what are other best VR games out there? I mean the best VR games you can buy today.

Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

GodfatherTB
Protege
Half life alyx. all said! 😉

MowTin
Expert Trustee
The best VR games are racing sims and flight combat sims. You get full multiplayer and infinite number of hours worth of fun. 

Asseto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizone
Project Cars 2

IL-2 and Elite Dangerous 

Other games:

HL Alyx
Saints and Sinners 
Lone Echo
From Other Suns
Asgard's Wrath
Stormland

There are some really great smaller games like West World VR or FreeDiver.
Echo Combat is a great VR multiplayer game
Vox Machinae is also a really good VR multiplayer game.

But there is not such thing as a "best game." It's all personal preference. I totally disagree that Doom VFR or Skyrim VR are for "beginners." Just the opposite. You really need your VR legs to fully enjoy those games. And it takes some work to adjust them to your taste. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

clenfant
Explorer
HL Alyx 
reason : You feel like you are into the world, and never there is something that feels not right (your hand never go into a wall, or through an object)... and all is beautifull 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Half Life Alyx all the way.

Anonymous
Not applicable
In no particular order:

Elite Dangerous
No Man's Sky
Skyrim VR
Fallout 4 VR
Lucky's Tale
Dreadhalls
Alien Isolation VR Mod
Doom 3 BFG VR Mod
Paranormal Activity Lost Soul
Exorcist Legion VR
Face You Fears
Affected The Manor
Monstrum
Five Nights At Freddy's Help Wanted VR
Robo Recall
Robinson The Journey
Arktika.1
Killing Floor Incursion
Drop Dead
The Climb
SuperHOT VR
Wilson's Heart
I Expect You To Die
Windlands
Windlands 2
Moss
Walking Dead Saints And Sinners
Vader Immortal
Asgard's Wrath
Stormland
Chronos
Edge Of Nowhere
Echo Arena
Lone Echo
Technolust
Mage's Tale
Project CARS 2
Assetto Corsa
DiRT Rally
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator
DCS World
War Thunder
Half Life 1 VR Mod
Half Life Alyx
Half Life 2 VR Mod

Have probably missed a few out but off the top of my head those are the best games available.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That will obviously depend on what you're looking for. "Best game" is a notion that simply does not exist...

Recently, I bought The Walking Dead Saints&Sinners, I'm having a blast! The physics in this game are insane. Like, you have to put strength if you want to pierce the skull of a zombie with your knife. That's terrific!

If you like FPS, you'll want to try either Pavlov or Onward. They're pretty similar, but Onward has more content I think.
If you like racing games, there's so many of them. Assetto Corsa Competizione is the one that stands out the most in my opinion.
If you like space, you'll want to try out Elite:Dangerous. It's a very complex game, but it's one of the best VR space games.
If you like horror... man, you have SO MANY games to play. Dreadhalls, Affected, Paranormal:Activity, FNAF Help Wanted, you have so many choices.
Obviously, there's also Half:Life Alyx. I also recommend Windlands (both games), the feels of flying through the air is one of the best VR has to offer!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/68346/list-of-rift-killer-apps-and-games-by-user-ra...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Mountain Goat Mountain   😛
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

bleyva
Honored Guest
Asgards Wrath > HL Alyx