cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you hoping for in the next Oculus App update?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,

So I thought we could start off the week with some more fun speculation  😄 

As mentioned in the Tested interview with Palmer and Nate, we should be expecting a new update this week (The forum kills my time stamp which is 23m 47s): https://youtu.be/MB5pdWO25ac?t=23m47

Personally I'm really hoping to finally get some more social stuff like voice chat and partying up with your friends list so you can go and play online games like Blazerush etc and actually be able to chat with people your playing with. Hoping this could solve the problem of there not being enough people online would be even cooler if we got some kind of 'lobby' to wait in and team up with people to go play games together but that seems much less likely!
34 REPLIES 34

bigmike20vt
Visionary
official VIVE support
install directory options per game

edit oh and more control on when the software runs and when it doesnt.

anything else is a bonus for me
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't imagen Vive support until after touch release at least since all the games on the store at the moment require a gamepad which isn't shipped with the Vive. Would be awesome if they did though!

Anonymous
Not applicable
More reliable installation, and a fix for the OVRServer_x64 not starting automatically. Oh, and experiences like 'Henry' or 'The Rose and I' not ending properly when you choose 'Exit to Home' on the universal menu.

Seriously. I'd much rather they concentrated on fixes and reliability before adding features.

Still, I suppose after that... yeah, install drives and directories per game/experience. Some really, really don't need the speed of an SSD, even if many do benefit.

maxpare79
Trustee
Official audio mirroring, social functions, app reviews and different Home backgrounds
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

moggie007
Expert Protege
fix red tint 😕

Conan
Expert Protege
VIVE & OSVR support.
Browser with WebVR.
User game rating and review system.
Collectables/trophies that display in your home.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

FrozenPea said:

I can't imagen Vive support until after touch release at least since all the games on the store at the moment require a gamepad which isn't shipped with the Vive. Would be awesome if they did though!

I don't really see the gamepad requirement as a valid reason not to sell to Vive users. Each game tells you in the store description what input method is needed, so it's up to the buyers to make sure they have the necessary peripherals.

I think they should really be looking at more functionality around the Friends list--I'm surprised that social features haven't been more prominently promoted in Oculus Home, given who owns Oculus.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

nalex66 said:

[snip]
I think they should really be looking at more functionality around the Friends list--I'm surprised that social features haven't been more prominently promoted in Oculus Home, given who owns Oculus.

Looks like maybe FB is, at least in some ways, being pretty hands-off with Oculus, as was claimed. I'm surprised social features haven't been developed faster given how many journalists criticised their lack right from the start.

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
what max said !