cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if, even with all the whining, Dk2 orders skyrocket?

Frito
Explorer
I guess we ll never know... :mrgreen:
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey
11 REPLIES 11

raidho36
Explorer
We will soon. 🙂

ThreeEyes
Explorer
I think it's a very real possibility.

We don't know when the clock started on all the redesign Luckey was talking about on Reddit yesterday now that they are flush. If it all starts today, maybe with a clean sheet of paper, CV1 could be quite a way out. Hell, Sony could even be closer to their retail product than FockUlus.

Also, DK2 will be the last Oculus product without any tie ins with Facebook. It's also the best HMD available "now" (now being in July).

Looking at those facts, I think it is very possible DK2 orders will go up. I'm keeping mine.

But I also wonder how many will continue to invest real time, effort, and money into developing for it until some time goes by and we all have a chance to see what is marketing PR platitude and what the future for FockUlus and VR really is.

Development is what I think will stall out for at least a little while. I know I'm now going to hold back.
But... but... but... I just NEED to know about the Baba! The Baba has me hypmotized! :shock:

Tails-
Protege
This deal enables Oculus to produce a CV with custom hardware, cheaper, and faster. So I'm withholding judgment until I have the CV1 on my head.
DK2 Status: DELIVERED Reddit: FourTails

Kirito
Honored Guest
trust me the dk2 orders will skyrocket now

Hadwell
Honored Guest
yeah, only because the people on here whining are the minority... the enthusiast 1%...

BoMbY
Honored Guest
How to CANCEL your Oculus Rift Pre-Order already got 2821 upvotes on Reddit.

Frito
Explorer
"BoMbY" wrote:

Honestly, that means nothing, even less with reddits broken voting system

Lets just pretend it does, cool, that means 3000 less people in line
Backer "Have faith." -Palmer Luckey

przecinek
Rising Star
Relax if Palmer is not happy with how collaboration is going, he can go off and set up a new startup in 2020 ...I'll still follow him unless, he seriously screws something up :twisted:

thatdude90210
Protege
"BoMbY" wrote:

I ordered ~2 hours after pre-orders opened. With those Reddit cancellations, maybe I'm now at the front of the line. 🙂