cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is VR video player you guys are using?

ProntoJr
Protege
Please check the poll http://www.strawpoll.me/13392291 (multiple poll answers)

Curious what works the best for you guys. Also posted on reddit
14 REPLIES 14

CrashFu
Consultant
Hah, forgetting to put BigScreen on that list was some oversight, that's like the most popular one (afaik)!    Heck, I haven't even heard of most of these.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yeh DeoVR Player is pretty good (and free) and no surprise it's top of the list.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Percy1983
Superstar
Another vote for Deo here.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

pyroth309
Visionary

Yeh DeoVR Player is pretty good (and free) and no surprise it's top of the list.

Yea I watch all my por... err Movies with it. It works awesome considering it's free.   

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually Virtual Desktop for me, although I do watch stuff on Deo when I need to mess around with the tilt and zoom etc.

falken76
Expert Consultant
Do you all really watch movies in this thing?  I tried, but after about 30 minutes it was just uncomfortable having a box strapped to your face.  It gets so uncomfortable around my eyes because I start sweating after 30 minutes or so.  I much prefer a regular monitor or TV.  I think it's cool that it simulates a movie theater, but I just hate watching tv or movies in this rift.

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
I use Whirligig (free version) to watch all those nice cat VR clips! 😉
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

falken76 said:

Do you all really watch movies in this thing?  I tried, but after about 30 minutes it was just uncomfortable having a box strapped to your face.  It gets so uncomfortable around my eyes because I start sweating after 30 minutes or so.  I much prefer a regular monitor or TV.  I think it's cool that it simulates a movie theater, but I just hate watching tv or movies in this rift.

Yup, I do. No problems with comfort either for me personally.

Anonymous
Not applicable

KNP54 said:

I use Whirligig (free version) to watch all those nice cat VR clips! 😉

Yep Whirlgig is pretty good and has that free version offered as well. The paid version is also available on the Oculus Store.