cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is it

curtmanster
Explorer
I was watching a movie in vr you tube with my hands behind my head.   Another hand came in from the left side of the screen.  It happen twice with in a few minutes.   The first time I thought it was my girl friend. No one around.  When it happen again with its palm up I put it away.  It un nerved me.  What do you think the hand tracking sencers senced?  
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

curtmanster
Explorer
Like ghost in the machine answer better ty

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
A friendly ghost in the machine?  :#  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

curtmanster
Explorer
That was one of my thoughts as well.   But really. It must be something else

curtmanster
Explorer
Like ghost in the machine answer better ty

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I don't recall having read other similar complaints, but try to Google it and check Oculus Subreddit. Maybe it won't happen again (also when Oculus updates their software etc.). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

You're not asking what the video was?  In the video there was a hand?

OK, if not, it's just the tracking.  It happens.  Sometimes if the tracking can't see the controllers they can pop up in strange places. 
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If it looks like a pillow it's probably your wife, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

ohgrant
Superstar
 You must be one of the few lucky ones to receive one that has actual spirits of the undead bundled with it. Very rare, doesn't get any more immersive than that.   
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.