cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the sickness end?

VizionVR
Rising Star
I can't stay away from VR, AR for longer than an hour. It's officially become an addiction. If I'm not on the Oculus forums during work (right now), I'm checking the most recent news for Hololens, or reading the Vive Reddit page, or checking reviews for the newest peripherals or experiences. When, in the oft chance I get bored, I jump into UE4 to work on my own VR projects. Keep in mind, this is all aside from my experiencing VR during my "spare" time.

Hi, my name is Vizion and I'm a VR addict.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.
14 REPLIES 14

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Hi Vision... :lol:

Right there with you man. Luckily I have console gamer friends to distract me. I had been holding out on playing Destiny so I picked it up on sale last week for 20$ and am playing through with a friend. FlyInside FSX has been my new favorite VR experience and my HOTAS hasn't left my desk since it came out. I have been making my way through all the missions again, which are amazing in VR.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

Anonymous
Not applicable
The title made me jump into this thread on the hopes of it being a discussion thread on how VR games/developers can tackle the problem of motion sickness. Sadly it wasn't lol 😞

VizionVR
Rising Star
"TheWhiteReaper" wrote:
The title made me jump into this thread on the hopes of it being a discussion thread on how VR games/developers can tackle the problem of motion sickness. Sadly it wasn't lol 😞

You're in luck!
There are about a thousand threads about sim sickness in theses forums. Search "sim sickness" and you'll have all the info you'll ever need.

edit: The thread about including an in-game virtual nose is particularly interesting.

Malkmus1979
Explorer
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one doing this "on the job"...

I even played hookie to go try the Vive lat week! Shhh.... :twisted:

Twitchmonkey
Explorer
It's really bad being out here in southern California in the hub of VR and not owning a headset. There is always somewhere to get a quick fix, lots of meetups and now we've got full conventions going on, but that's only for a few hours and then I have to go back to my boring monitor and continue the waiting game. It's a rough life, man.

edit: The thread about including an in-game virtual nose is particularly interesting.

A dev contacted me about making him a virtual nose, I did and sent it to him. Wonder what ever happened with that. It's an interesting concept.

raidx
Protege
huh... get a girlfriend... maybe? 8-)

Keep working on those UE4 vr projects. I think it is the best thing to do before cv1 comes out.

I have some really good things going on UE4 but I just need to see how they look/feel on a CV1 before releasing anything.

VizionVR
Rising Star
"raidx" wrote:
huh... get a girlfriend... maybe? 8-)

Tried that. My wife isn't into it. 😞

Zandil
Rising Star
WOOOOOOOOH slow down there buddy........you mean there are other websites on the internet outside of Oculus forums ?

snappahead
Expert Protege
I'm usually the same way, but the post E3 drought has cured me a bit. There's not a hell of a lot going on right now (at least that's in front of us anyway), so I think I'm cured. This has loosened the grip of addiction for me and I'm able to think about other things. Awesome! I kinda miss it and kinda don't. I get more done when there's nothing going on in VR.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti