cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this forum code be finally fixed?

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
Hi

I almost threw my monitor out of the window. Why? Because of f... auto-fill feature.
If it bugs, it's bugged. Period. You can't write ANYTHING. I constantly get a mini-pop-up windows with someone's nickname. I click it, just to make it go away, I go delete unnecessary @someone and guess what? IT POPS UP AGAIN,
And AGAIN.
AND AGAIN.
I switch to non-HTML mode - nope. Doesn't help.
Eventually I can find a work around, but I shouldn't fight with the page to write a f... post, for f.. sake!
And I already forgot what I did last time I got angry about it, so now I'll search for the workaround once again. Cause it's still here. After a few weeks.

Meanwhile:

- quoting multiple persons was f...d. Seems like it's fixed now, but... it might just seem to be becasue it could be similar to...
- log-in bug - STILL here
@cybereality
I respect you. Really. I do. But please stop calling me a liar when I say it is NOT a thing that "happens from time to time" or it can be fixed by simple few F5 refreshes. No. It's like I said, and it's like that since months
- it happens ALWAYS
- no, F5 doesn't help.
- the only thing that works is to wait a few minutes and then start the F5 "fun" until it works. 

Fix it please. It's a forum of a company owned by multi-billion dollar company (FB) and it has page code as bad as if it was written by a 10-year old.
Obviously it is worse or better depending on a browser and mode you use it. But I don't use some exotic one. I use Chrome. A Windows version of Chrome. Don't tell me it's just me. It's not. I don't have such problems on ALL the other pages. Just Oculus Forums, so please, don't say it's not important just because it more-or-less works for you. 

/rant
;]
edit: screenshots of both bugs (not related to each other)
dfm1naujv3f6.jpg
edit 2:
I forgot to add one of the most important things: Clicking on that nickname popup DELETES lots of lines of text that was already in the post, above the place where the popup happened. It "eats" qouted text and my response to it. I lost time to this bug a few times and just 20s after creating this thread, it happened again.
Please do something. It's really, really, REALLY annoying.
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.
26 REPLIES 26

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Does F5 work ? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do find that ctrl + F4 works the best to getting all these problems fix 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
F1 and F4 pressed together work just as well I hear ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I've never seen the name mention pop-up unless I type the at symbol. And I'm on this forum every day for months at a time. Never seen it. The other issues I've seen, but they happen rarely enough that it becomes difficult to track down the issue. But I would like to have the forum working well, so I will investigate what I can. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

I've never seen the name mention pop-up unless I type the at symbol. And I'm on this forum every day for months at a time. Never seen it. The other issues I've seen, but they happen rarely enough that it becomes difficult to track down the issue. But I would like to have the forum working well, so I will investigate what I can. Thanks.

Saw it today for the first time - was very confused.

The login thing that i have also complained about in the past is much better now.  I have told stories of woe on here about waiting 10 minutes, 20 minutes etc  It is usually just a couple of refreshes now.

Specs:

i5 6600K
16GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
GTX 970
500GB SSD

Windows 98SE
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Please get the quote working for phones 🙂

zboson
Superstar

I have been having this problem exactly as described by the OP since yesterday randomly.  It's extremely annoying. So bad that I often use an external editor and copy and past the text into here (that's probably good advice to do in general anyway).

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Sometime I have the problem with the names, too. But only sometimes. And for the smileys.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

RonsonPL
Heroic Explorer
Yeah, smileys happen to suffer from the same bug sometimes.

On the other hand - I had no problems with uploading a jpg image, so that's good 🙂
Not an Oculus hater, but not a fan anymore. Still lots of respect for the team-Carmack, Abrash. Oculus is driven by big corporation principles now. That brings painful effects already, more to come in the future. This is not the Oculus I once cheered for.