cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no Visual Adjustment Wheel on Quest 2?

dybarra97
Honored Guest

The old Samsung GearVR had problems but the Visual Adjustment Wheel let me see perfectly without glasses. I was so dissapointed and frustrated when i first got the Quest 2 and realized I would have to wear my glasses WHILE playing. It was ridiculous and ended up costing me an extra $150 to buy custom VR lenses. I just dont understand why this feature was not included, its nuts!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

Just to clarify, you said "The old Samsung GearVR had problems but the Visual Adjustment Wheel let me see perfectly without glasses"

The adjustment wheel on the GearVR is a diopter adjustment, it moves the screen closer or further to the lenses.

As my list shows, all first party oculus headsets have different adjustment features (which is why I said they keep changing their mind), but none of them have a diopter adjustment. Some do have eye relief, but this is different and won't help you. That's why I said "It's the diopter adjustment that you want" because that's the part of the GearVR that helped you but the Quest 2 (and all other oculus headsets) is missing.

Sadly most headsets in general don't have diopter adjustment these days.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP

They do seem to like changing their mind a lot.

DK1: fixed IPD, eye relief adjustment

DK2: fixed IPD, eye relief adjustment

Rift CV1: continuous IPD, no eye relief

Rift-S: fixed IPD, eye relief adjustment

Go: fixed IPD, no eye relief

Quest 1: continuous IPD, no eye relief

Quest 2: three discrete IPDs, no eye relief

Quest Pro: continuous IPD, eye relief adjustment

GearVR: fixed IPD, diopter adjustment

Eye relief changes the distance between the lenses and your eyes. Diopter changes the distance between the lenses and the screen. It's the diopter adjustment that you want.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

No it's not, I keep seeing this reply to this question, the diopter adjustment does not affect your vision at all if you're near sighted like myself. The focus wheel on the GearVr allows me to see perfectly without glasses, regardless of the where the IPD is set. IPD and the diopter dial change nothing for my actual eyesight when using the Quest. 

@dybarra97 wrote:

IPD and the diopter dial change nothing for my actual eyesight when using the Quest. 

Well, the diopter wheel on a Quest won't affect your vision, since it doesn't exist.

kojack
MVP
MVP

Just to clarify, you said "The old Samsung GearVR had problems but the Visual Adjustment Wheel let me see perfectly without glasses"

The adjustment wheel on the GearVR is a diopter adjustment, it moves the screen closer or further to the lenses.

As my list shows, all first party oculus headsets have different adjustment features (which is why I said they keep changing their mind), but none of them have a diopter adjustment. Some do have eye relief, but this is different and won't help you. That's why I said "It's the diopter adjustment that you want" because that's the part of the GearVR that helped you but the Quest 2 (and all other oculus headsets) is missing.

Sadly most headsets in general don't have diopter adjustment these days.