cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the quest 2 can be a huge upgrade for many people.

inovator2
Expert Protege
I understand that some people have big problems with their quest 2 for reasons we have all seen posted but for me and many other people it is a huge upgrade. I have felt like that for  the last few days. Playing wirelessly with virtual desktop for me worked maybe 25% of the time that it was playable without to much latency. Vd just did an update where latency was reduced further and the last few days my games were playable every time. I played Pavlov where the latency was so little (not 100 %) that it was a joy and maps looked amazing. Not g2 amazing but still very crisp and you could see clearer than before from a distance. I like  pavlov on sidequest buy maps are limited. Skirim looked and played great. With the elite strap it's more comfy than my rift s that i retired. And to jump in quick without my computer when I feel like it is amazing. The link now looks much better than the rift s since the latest v23 update if I  need it Some games may not work wirelessly. The official link cable is very light and half the diameter than the rift s cable making playing more comfortable. The fov for me is noticeably better than the rift s. Happy gaming to all!
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Stop tempting me...

lensmandave
Superstar

dburne said:

Stop tempting me...

Ha ha, you can never have too many boys toys Don 🙂
Seriously the Quest 2 on Link is looking kind of gorgeous after the update 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Stop tempting me...

Just give your Q1 another go mate.  With the latest Quest/PC v23 and the right settings, the Q1 is looking very good now.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Stop tempting me...

Just give your Q1 another go mate.  With the latest Quest/PC v23 and the right settings, the Q1 is looking very good now.

Yeah I will have to check it out, with new GPU should be able to SS more also.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Stop tempting me...

Yeah I will have to check it out, with new GPU should be able to SS more also.

Ya, with my measly 1080ti I'm able to use OTT and set SS to 1.5x for most things (and game profiles for ones that needed more or less SS).  Your 3090 should do 2.0x easy!  I just left the v23 Oculus Link settings to 72Hz (only choice anyway) and auto (=1.0).  I then set OTT Link settings to pull down +1080ti/2080ti (distortion = low, encoding res = 3648) and set bitrate = 500 (although I don't really see much difference beyond 250 but I also do not see any performance diffs at 500 so I just left it there). 

I gotta say that for most games this is giving my good old Rift cv1 (at 2.o SS) a real run for it's money.  My Vive Pro is still a lot better with sims like X Plane 11 though and I'm sure that will be the case with you nice new G2 as well.  Pretty hard to beat dedicated PCVR headsets for more demanding apps like flight/racing sims imho.

The Q2 is very nice but I had a few issues with mine so it went back to the Oculus store for a refund (which I got earlier this week).  Still a lot of life left in the Quest 1 imho, esp. for guys that need a bit more fine-tuned ipd and like OLED panels.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
inovator2? What's that all about? Was your first account banned by Facebook?

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

inovator2
Expert Protege

inovator2? What's that all about? Was your first account banned by Facebook?

It's weird what happened. When I got my quest 2 it was hard for me to set up my account with ongoing face book and my original account. I accidentally hit add new account. It wouldn't let me back out so oculus said I should just continue as a new account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

Stop tempting me...

B) 😄 B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good thing I am on a diet lol.