cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will oculus reach their vision of 40k units sold in 2013

Tacklebait
Honored Guest
Anyone have any guesses on whether oculus will meet their goal?
Anyone have any ideas on what has been sold from January until now?
As well If a second devkit is released I could easily see a large crowd of repeat customers as well as more of a consumer audience(If the specs are increased to what is speculated, 1080 res, xyz head tracking)

15 REPLIES 15

Gerald
Expert Protege
If they manage to raise specs to 1080p while still keeping the price at 300$ that is quite likely. If not I very much doubt it, but those numbers are for an investor catching presentation (I think), so they are a bit optimistic anyway.

I really wonder how many of the DK1 buyers would order a 1080p DK2 right away (at 300$). Pretty much everyone here I guess, but that is only the "freak portion" 😉
check out my Mobile VR Jam 2015 title Guns N' Dragons

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer
It's very possible. Their sales & PR department will need to do their stuff to maintain traction within the community. So far everything they are doing is right PR wise. Over the past week gamers and developers experienced EVR from CCP and that is a fairly large community. Word of mouth and social media is their biggest ally. Currently the only thing that is stopping their world domination is their manufacturing bottleneck.

I'm pretty sure they are not going to share their numbers publicly, but I would think they are currently on track.
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1

Tacklebait
Honored Guest
I just read somewhere that they have sold more units off their site then the original kick starter. Not sure what the original numbers are but I guess the pre-orders are coming in at a steady pace.

By somewhere, it was a message on reddit from palmer himself.

SMOK3Y
Honored Guest
"Gerald" wrote:
If they manage to raise specs to 1080p while still keeping the price at 300$ that is quite likely. If not I very much doubt it, but those numbers are for an investor catching presentation (I think), so they are a bit optimistic anyway.

I really wonder how many of the DK1 buyers would order a 1080p DK2 right away (at 300$). Pretty much everyone here I guess, but that is only the "freak portion" 😉

I will 😄

320x200
Explorer
lol they should make a Shipping subforum to help "organize" these threads.

Gerald
Expert Protege
320x200 ... you haven't read what this thread is about have you? 😉

320x200
Explorer
"Gerald" wrote:

I'll admit perhaps a teensy-weensy amount of skimming may have possibly taken place, but you know... quantum physics... waveform collapse... Basically, science says we simply don't know and will never know for certain if I have or have not read this thread. 😉

Gerald
Expert Protege
"320x200" wrote:
"Gerald" wrote:

I'll admit perhaps a teensy-weensy amount of skimming may have possibly taken place, but you know... quantum physics... waveform collapse... Basically, science says we simply don't know and will never know for certain if I have or have not read this thread. 😉

:lol:

Tacklebait
Honored Guest
"320x200" wrote:
lol they should make a Shipping subforum to help "organize" these threads.

I was more going for the idea that they may or may not be successful on their terms. Not when, why, where who, whereabouts and what universe is my rift in and how will i get it.