cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will running Room Setup in a different room delete the old room setup?

Sparkett3
Level 4

I mapped out my bedroom on my Quest Pro. That's where I most frequently use it, but I'd also like to use it in a more open area of my house sometimes where there's more room. If I run Room Setup again in a different room, will it overwrite my bedroom setup? Or will it remember it for when I go back to my bedroom?

Either way, is anyone aware of a way to back up room setup data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I meant to check this out sooner but I've just getting over the dreaded covid.

Anyway, just been trying to get some definitive testing in.

I made sure to clear all setups before testing and I reset the headset when moving from room to room to hopefully make it a consistent test.

As far as guardian setups are concerned, it remembers 3 different spaces for me.

For room setups that include walls, doors, windows and other objects (sofas/desks), the headset seems to remember one setup reliably but carries over some elements within the other 2 rooms I'd added stuff to.

This is still an experimental feature so I don't know if the limitation on objects is a simple memory/object number limitation, or it's a bug and we should be expecting object placements in all of our 3 spaces.

Anyway, it seems that 3 guardian setups and 1 room setup with objects is the answer at the moment.

(I can't remember how this compares to Quest 2)

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RoastPork
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

I'd love to see someone familiar with Quest Pro chime in here and let us know if they've tried this!

Now you're playing with power...SUPER power!

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

I meant to check this out sooner but I've just getting over the dreaded covid.

Anyway, just been trying to get some definitive testing in.

I made sure to clear all setups before testing and I reset the headset when moving from room to room to hopefully make it a consistent test.

As far as guardian setups are concerned, it remembers 3 different spaces for me.

For room setups that include walls, doors, windows and other objects (sofas/desks), the headset seems to remember one setup reliably but carries over some elements within the other 2 rooms I'd added stuff to.

This is still an experimental feature so I don't know if the limitation on objects is a simple memory/object number limitation, or it's a bug and we should be expecting object placements in all of our 3 spaces.

Anyway, it seems that 3 guardian setups and 1 room setup with objects is the answer at the moment.

(I can't remember how this compares to Quest 2)

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v21H2 (19044.2075)