cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will running Room Setup in a different room delete the old room setup?

Sparkett3
Protege

I mapped out my bedroom on my Quest Pro. That's where I most frequently use it, but I'd also like to use it in a more open area of my house sometimes where there's more room. If I run Room Setup again in a different room, will it overwrite my bedroom setup? Or will it remember it for when I go back to my bedroom?

Either way, is anyone aware of a way to back up room setup data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I meant to check this out sooner but I've just getting over the dreaded covid.

Anyway, just been trying to get some definitive testing in.

I made sure to clear all setups before testing and I reset the headset when moving from room to room to hopefully make it a consistent test.

As far as guardian setups are concerned, it remembers 3 different spaces for me.

For room setups that include walls, doors, windows and other objects (sofas/desks), the headset seems to remember one setup reliably but carries over some elements within the other 2 rooms I'd added stuff to.

This is still an experimental feature so I don't know if the limitation on objects is a simple memory/object number limitation, or it's a bug and we should be expecting object placements in all of our 3 spaces.

Anyway, it seems that 3 guardian setups and 1 room setup with objects is the answer at the moment.

(I can't remember how this compares to Quest 2)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RoastPork
Retired Support

I'd love to see someone familiar with Quest Pro chime in here and let us know if they've tried this!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

I meant to check this out sooner but I've just getting over the dreaded covid.

Anyway, just been trying to get some definitive testing in.

I made sure to clear all setups before testing and I reset the headset when moving from room to room to hopefully make it a consistent test.

As far as guardian setups are concerned, it remembers 3 different spaces for me.

For room setups that include walls, doors, windows and other objects (sofas/desks), the headset seems to remember one setup reliably but carries over some elements within the other 2 rooms I'd added stuff to.

This is still an experimental feature so I don't know if the limitation on objects is a simple memory/object number limitation, or it's a bug and we should be expecting object placements in all of our 3 spaces.

Anyway, it seems that 3 guardian setups and 1 room setup with objects is the answer at the moment.

(I can't remember how this compares to Quest 2)