cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 user vote, How many people are having issues with Windows 11 and any occulus product

KPHKILL
Protege

Could you all please comment on here if you are having an issue with any Oculus product and windows 11 so i can gauge the impact of Oculus not updating the drivers?

59 REPLIES 59

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@KPHKILL  The only thing you’re going to gauge is the number of users silly enough to upgrade to win11 prior to oculus releasing win11 compatible apps imho.

Probably more useful to have users post any win11 issues once oculus has released win11 compatible apps imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Doesn't help with those who need Win 11 for work as well. It is extraordinary.

Griffonaus
Protege

I was informed by Support Nov 18, 2021 - "That is really quite unfortunate to hear. Windows 11 might work but most of the time, 90%, it does not because of the new drivers it has and Oculus has not really updated up to par. Our developers are definitely working on it as quickly as they could. We will provide you an update through our blog once it has been implemented. "

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz 16GB RAM
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 6GB RAM
11 Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900 CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz 128GB RAM
GPU Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB Video RAM

Why are we silly as this is the latest OS and for some of us in the tech bussiness we need to be on the latest platform. The only silliness is Oculus not updating the software to cater for the new OS or people defending them

Agreed. What's also silly is that Dev builds have been available for over 6 months so these kinds of things don't happen. There's also people building new computers who would be gimping their new hardware by not using Win11 as the CPU scheduler in Windows 10 does not work well with some of the new CPU designs.

Totally Agree and what about the people who buy PC`s with windows 11 already installed this will stop them using any oculus device at all. With Christmas coming i can see quite a few complaints coming in if it isnt fixed by then

@KPHKILL  New PC's that come with win11 can easily be downgraded to win10.  Since win11 is based on win10 it uses the same product key to activate either version.  To upgrade it later to win11 you just need to do it through windows update.  Not exactly a Xmas show stopper imho.

https://pureinfotech.com/downgrade-windows-11-10/

In any case, hopefully Oculus will update their drivers to make them win11 compliant soon.  They are far from the only company that has not done this yet btw.  As far as workplaces go, I'm not aware of any major companies that are actually using this right now.  Most IT departments wait at least 6 months (sometimes more) before installing a new OS.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

@TomCgcmfc yes that is true for new PC`s when people havnt had it long it is easy to do.

My whole point is that we shouldnt have to wait this long for a company to release an update for what is a minor update, it is only certain parts of the OS that have been changed and as i have been involved from an insider perpsective for over 6 months and it has been released to microsoft partners for a lot longer than that, i know of which i speak :).

The issue is that some people have no choice in running and using windows 11 especially in a developer role that requires it to be installed to make sure what you build will run and not all of us have the cash to have VR installed properly on a powerfull enough computer to run multiple VR to dev across multiple Operating systems at the same time.

At the end of the day there is no mainstream company that i am aware of that has not had updateable drivers for windows 11 at launch and Oculus support is rubbish and the more i look into issues on this forum the more obvious it becomes

PS you can only downgrade to windows 10 from 11 within 30 days once past that 30 days you have to do a full and clean instal of windows 10

@KPHKILL  I hate to burst your bubble but even SteamVR does not currently support win11.