cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My son was violently threatened and continuously harassed on gorilla tag what can I do to report

Natassidog
Honored Guest

My son created a code on gorilla tag and gave it out so people could join and play along one player decided to take the credit for himself and my son was upset and the other player started harassing him and so did the other players they threatened him and said they would find him and kill him or beat him up and continued to call him names until he couldn't handle it anymore I was listening to the entire situation and took the headset and put it on myself without saying a single word listened to the horrible things they were saying to him what can I do to have these people punished accordingly for this emotional trauma they have done to my son I was able to record a brief video but didn't catch the worst of it only a few slurs and names that they were saying

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are some toxic people out there. Children can be particularly problematic (Meta have a minimum age requirement of 13 for their headsets but some parents seem to be ignoring this).

According to the Gorilla Tag website, they have a player reporting system in-game and via their Discord. I tried to get on their Discord just now but coudnlt get on. Here's the link: https://www.gorillatagvr.com/contact 

Please report the players. It may take more than one report from one person to trigger a ban, but I assume each report counts towards action being taken. I've not played GT but I don't think Meta IDs are shown... player IDs are unique to the game, so it would be difficult for Meta to do anything. It'll be down to the developer to moderate the game.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

There are some toxic people out there. Children can be particularly problematic (Meta have a minimum age requirement of 13 for their headsets but some parents seem to be ignoring this).

According to the Gorilla Tag website, they have a player reporting system in-game and via their Discord. I tried to get on their Discord just now but coudnlt get on. Here's the link: https://www.gorillatagvr.com/contact 

Please report the players. It may take more than one report from one person to trigger a ban, but I assume each report counts towards action being taken. I've not played GT but I don't think Meta IDs are shown... player IDs are unique to the game, so it would be difficult for Meta to do anything. It'll be down to the developer to moderate the game.

jayne.barr.52
Honored Guest

My son happily playing Gorilla Tag when a group of kids come and start telling him to kill himself and to go and get a knife from the kitchen drawer. Absolutely disgusting behave. Now very wary of letting him play. New to this so didn’t know how to report.

I am really sorry your child and you have to go through this experience. This is not what we want to hear from our community as this VR experience should be fun and out of this world. I can recommend you to report these users and you can do it with this link here 

You can also get in contact with Gorilla Tag website here: https://www.gorillatagvr.com/contact. We want to make sure your safety is secured and for your child to not have this experience again. I am a parent myself and I know this is a scary feeling as we want to make sure we remove all this from our lovely kids. And again I am sorry this is happening. 

I hope this post finds you well and I send a big hug to your kid and yourself. Please stay safe and if you have any other questions don't hesitate in reaching out. 

We are all mad here.

y3thens
Honored Guest

I googled how to report violent threats from Gorilla Tag and I seen your post. 

What actions did you take to file a complaint and did you have anyone reach out and take the issue serious?

I ask, because my son tonight was just told my what he said sounded like a teenager, tell him to go into a kitchen and get a knife and stab himself and if that doesn't kill him he should go hang himself. I was in the same room and couldn't jump up fast enough to say no more if this platform.

My 11 yr old son is always dealing with kids who are just beyond disrespectful with the constant antagonizing bully antics. The mouths of these kids is unreal in this game. I am really curious to where their parents are and what type of surroundings are they being raised in. These kids are so loud that I can hear everything they say and all I ever hear is swearing 'F" bombs and the " N" word are a constant with insults and name calling right behind those words.

Every day he plays since we bought it in June 2023 all I ever hear is not stop ride, insults, racist sours, swearing, and now threats of violence wished upon my 11 yr old. 

Who is monitoring this platform and how can any of us parents take serious actions against this company and their content creators? I would love to know. Enough is enough. These are our children and they should be able to feel safe playing games and having fun playing games. I will not stand bye and continue to do nothing and allow this multi billionaire people sit back and do nothing while kids are mentally being effected with possible long term effects.

It's bad enough teens on other platforms take their own lives due to cyber bullying and these companies idly sit back and do nothing but get richer likes it's not their problem.

I hope your child is ok after the experience. My son had a lots of different emotions going on all at once and unsure how to process it all. 

**META TEAM IF YOUR READING THIS, DO BETTER AND TAKE ACTIONS TO KEEP OUR CHILDREN SAFE MENTALLY. THEIR LIVES AND THE OUTCOMES THAT CAN HAPPEN IS ON YOUR SHOULDERS AND I WILL TAKE SERIOUS LEGAL ACTIONS TO PROTECT MY AND ANYONE ELSE CHILD FROM BEING THREATENED AND VIOLENTLY Harassed. 

We're all responsible for taking care or our kids. Personally I wouldn't let a kid use Gorilla Tag having heard how it has had these issues that point towards a possible lack of moderation, I'd simply delete the game.

I hope you have filed a complaint with the developer as per the above comments. The Quest can record what's going on and would be useful if as part of a complaint procedure. Meta can't moderate games that don't have any Meta account details given for them to follow up on. It has to be the game developer that takes action against individuals as they're the only ones with this information.

Gorilla Tag is cross-platform so the bad actors may not be Quest users, I would also right a review on Steam that reflects your experience.

Meta could make the decision to remove the game from their platform but if it was me... I wouldn't wait, I'd just delete the game.

FlipOlives
Honored Guest

I have twin 10 year olds (in late 2023 Meta started allowing younger kids under 13) They have had the meta 3 for 2 weeks and have been exclusively playing GT. My daughter, was told last night overtly sexual things as well as being told they know where she lives and will come kill her family if they don't share private information. My son, has been harassed nearly every day since he started playing. Their time is limited to 1 hour a day, but they are being harassed nonstop. This was never an issue with fortnite or minecraft, So why should I continue to support such an abhorrent and basic platform. I expect safety for the cost and expense of the device. What is being done and what can I do to prevent this without simply deleting the app?

The Gorilla Tag developers website states that the game is not designed for children, in the US that's defined as those under 13.

TBH, from what you describe, there's no age where it's acceptable to receive the kind of behaviour that you're describing but definitely not children, that's wholly unacceptable. But meta have no way to moderate or punish users of this app as they don't hold any information about them, people using Gorilla Tag don't use Meta IDs or Meta avatars, they're on various platforms and use the games own IDs and avatars.

Please report bad behaviour to the game's developers here: https://www.gorillatagvr.com/contact and select the 'plyer reporting' option.

Yes, Meta have relaxed the rule about under 13s using the headset now, but the parent or guardian must manage the child's account, they are responsible for it.

Because Meta don't have access to Gorilla Tag player information. the only way to eliminate this kind of thing from happening on the Quest would be to withdraw the game from the Quest store, which amounts to the same thing as you deleting the game.

The age limit for the headset isn't the same as age appropriateness of an individual app or game. I'd seriously reconsider deleting the game as mentioned in the post before yours.

I highly suggest meta put some effort into investigating this developer, and not allowing them on the platform. This game is ENTIRELY unmoderated. You have kids and teenagers on this game using racist slurs, making violent threats, and trying to coerce personal information out of children in majority of lobbies. 

I am telling you to take this seriously because it *will* turn into a PR nightmare for meta, as abhorrent as the behavior of the users of this game is. 

Lwastaken
Honored Guest

from my experiences, gorilla tag false bans all the time (sometimes even permanently) and those kids should definitely have their headset taken away from them, i experience suicidal ideation all the time and i wouldn't be here if people said that to me. i recommend playing in casual lobbies, people there are chill (also check if your child is in a competitive queue) infection and competitive lobbies can have very toxic people.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?