cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You all just cost me $250 - Thanks a lot!

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
I wake up this morning and surf around the Oculus discussion forums.  No notion whatsoever of Oculus Go on my mind.  I click around and see some good commentary about it.

Hmmmm, sounds cool.  It turns out I have a pretty good use case for this device.

Yadda yadda, four hours later I have an Oculus Go on my desk.  Little did I know that reading a few posts would cost me $249.99.

Have mercy on me, money doesn't grow on trees you know.
36 REPLIES 36

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

MowTin said:

I don't get it. Why do you guys want a GO if you already have a Rift? 

That money is better spent

I always find it interesting when people post as if $200 can only be spent once. After I spent $200 on GO, I spent over $100 on games between GO and my Rift. I bought GO on Tuesday and then bought SkyrimVR ($60), Beat Saber ($20) and Dead Secret Circle ($15) - that same week.

We're not exactly breaking the bank with these kinda numbers, so I don't get it either..??

You answer your own question anyway. If someone wants a new video card, and doesn't have a budget for both the card and GO, then they should probably save their money for the Card. If they can afford both, then buy both. If you don't want a new video card - or anything else for that matter - then buy GO if you want it.

Those buying GO right now clearly have the budget for it, regardless of future spending needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not getting one because if I go out and wear that on the bus in Beirut (AKA Tottenham) I might as well have a giant neon sign saying 'PLEASE ROB ME NOW' over my head lol 😄 😄 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just heard from my wife, my Go has been delivered!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

MowTin said:

I don't get it. Why do you guys want a GO if you already have a Rift? 

That money is better spent helping to fund the cost of the new 1180 GTX coming this Summer. And if you don't have a 1080ti you could put the money towards that as the price will drop this Summer. 

I bought a GO because I have a good use case for it.  It's that simple.  A GTX1080Ti is not going to provide some of my preferred features that GO excels at.

It sounds like your use case preferences do not align with this device.  Great, you can spend it elsewhere that suits your needs better.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Congrats! It's a Boy! What are you gonna name the lil fella?

NeloDiavolo
Protege
I already have a 1080ti and don't see any reason to upgrade to a 1180, or anything in the near future. I really don't think prices will fall that much once the new cards come out.

The 1080ti puts out awesome graphics on my Rift and G-Sync gaming monitor but I'm still having a great time with the little Oculus that could. The Go has been strapped to my head since I got it last week. I'm tempted to get another!  😄

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

nalex66 said:

Congrats! It's a Boy! What are you gonna name the lil fella?

You have a singular wit, @Zenbane
dvx6oya4qgm8.jpg

General Chang approves.