cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zyro-eg.com another vr hating jerk reviewer

inovator
Consultant
The bottom line is after using PlayStation VR extensively the reviewer said vr will not be ready for the mass market until it can do at least 4 k and Wireless. His tiny brain can't  wrap itself around the fact that when video games first came out even though the resolution was very poor & the controllers were wired, it was something that was so different & fun that it became, within a few years a mass consumer market. The same thing is going to happen with vr  way before 4K resolution. Also by the way he talked, it seems like many VR experiences made him ill. There are many people including one friend that I know that gets nauseous if he plays a 2d video game. The only reason why reviews like that bother me is because people that are not knowledgeable about the vr get a wrong viewpoint from somebody that doesn't even like it to begin with.
14 REPLIES 14

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
What's really funny is the reviewer thinking PSVR is on the same level as Rift or Vive.  If anyone wants to discuss the state of VR, don't base everything on the worst of the 3 wired HMDs . Really silly perspective.

vannagirl
Consultant
Asses and opinions huh
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

inovator
Consultant
The point he would have said the same thing with anything he tried.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Link?

inovator
Consultant
Here's the link.
http://n4g.com/news/1984926/playstation-vr-
review-not-worth-the-money

inovator
Consultant
Vr haters spouting lies should be declared a hate crime and require an automatic 25 years in prison.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
In terms of the HMD comfort, he does say that it is the, "best VR headset I have ever worn." That is quite the genuine compliment. His main complaint is cost, in comparison to what the end-user receives for their money.

Granted, I do not agree with him that VR will be "ready" when it's hitting 4k wirelessly. That's just technophile silliness. I'd go as far as to say that if he will only respect VR when it is wireless, then he should STFU and find another hobby until that happens. Because right now VR is best experienced wired, which means he has an automatic bias that is... not worth anyones time to hear.

inovator
Consultant
Agree totally

LZoltowski
Champion
Im not sure i want to wear a lithium ion battery  coupled with a high frequency high powered transmitter on my head.

In all honesty im not a fan of the PSVR design, feels a bit childish, esp next to the wand controllers. Something that looks less out of place in a rave/trance party. 

Maybe its me, I like my electronics minimalist. (ONKIO range of hi-fi stuff, pre 2005)

Maybe this is what Sony will appeal to consumers? I think Oculus's industrial design is one of the best, not because I am biased, but as a designer I think it is pretty much perfect. Its minimalist, its stripped back to the essentials so it doesn't scream .. look at me, it reminds of something Sony would have made before they lost the plot.

Its a bit like:
bbicgha44yv9.jpg

PSVR feels like such an after thought "ME TOO!" product, its rushed, and I hope it wont affect peoples perception of VR and set us back a few years again. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂