cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a sad story...

oliv897
Honored Guest
2 days ago I was taken into the ER... today I had half my leg cut off and was allowed home to a special set up bed... I turn my pc on and it explodes and now is dead...

anyone know where I could sell my DK2 and for what people would be willing to pay for a second hand one considering I worship the thing so it's in pristine condition... I hate being disabled... I guess life really can't be happy that I finally got sorted of my troubles... now am on road to recovery and sat here bored...

any help would be great.... and those of you that watch my youtube shows and are awaiting the app I'm designing... looks like your gonna be waiting awhile bahahaha
14 REPLIES 14

cybereality
Grand Champion
If a true story, that is really sad. I hope things get better for you.

However, the rules state there are no sales allowed on the forum. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

andrewtek
Expert Protege
If true, that is horribly sad! You should consider setting up a gofundme.com to get your PC fixed so you can complete your VR project.

oliv897
Honored Guest
Aye I did that in end lol main;y for friends though.... and am not selling it here... am asking of places that peopl know where I can sell it...

andrewtek
Expert Protege
My apologies. I guess I was not clear. I was not suggesting you sell your DK2 at all. If you do a gofundme campaign, you can raise money without giving up anything. I have actually seen people raise money to go on vacations on that site. Anyway, if you are working on a VR project, you should consider KickStarter or GoFundMe so you can hold onto your DK2 and finish your project.

oliv897
Honored Guest
was talking to the oclus dev man but its nice idea except I keep all my projects to myself until I release them... I'm a perfectionist so don't like people seeing my work until its done and purfect lol meaning got no one to share my gofundme with lol

Darcanis
Adventurer
"oliv897" wrote:
was talking to the oclus dev man but its nice idea except I keep all my projects to myself until I release them... I'm a perfectionist so don't like people seeing my work until its done and purfect lol meaning got no one to share my gofundme with lol

I know the feeling I'm the same way. I am currently disabled and can't afford a DK2 so still plugging along with DK1, though completely different issue disability wise. Mines more nervous system based. Like you I could do a kickstarter or something like that but am a perfectionist and don't want to release anything until I know for sure I can complete the project to my standards.

Hopefully things look up for you and you find a way to keep the DK2 and still get a new computer. Best of luck with your recovery!
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

VizionVR
Rising Star
I'm sorry you had to go through that, but believe me, in a couple months you might miss those virtual experiences.
I shattered my femur almost eight months ago in a car crash. Not allowed to drive, I was basically stuck in a chair at home until the docs released me (last week, YAY!). Feeling like a prisoner in my own home, I used the Oculus as a way to deal with the mental pressures that come with being stuck in that situation.
May your recovery be quick.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Gizmotweak
Explorer
You had your leg removed and were sent home the same day?

That's some crappy healthcare...I am shocked.
This space available for advertising.

oliv897
Honored Guest
not removed man... I had a cancerous lump that bore roots to the bone of my thigh and wrapped around my nerves with it making me spasm 8-)