cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apparently oculus has voice control

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Keep seeing oculus is now voice activated ,any clue how to use or activate as it ain't on mine
16 REPLIES 16

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
It always has been, did you not communicate with the aliens in Farlands? It's up to the developers if they wish to make use of it.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Never played farmlands, how do you use it and what commands are there

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
No M in Farlands.  It's just you make a noise while imitating the aliens.  There's a microphone on the Rift, what the application does with it is up to the application.  In elite with voice attack(I think is the name) you can control a spaceship.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The voice activation is part of an update that is being rolled out to different people at different times. You'll know when it's happened to your Oculus Home because you'll see a fourth icon in Oculus Home that looks like a microsphone (next to the Home, Library and Store icons).

It only works in Oculus Home currently and not when you have games running. Once you have the icon in your Oculus Home display you'll see a line through it so you you have to click on it via your Touch controls/gamepad/remote to enable it. After doing that you say 'Hey Oculus' to call it up and can then launch games/apps (Launch appname), recenter the display (Recenter) and find all games of a certain type in the Oculus Store (Find action games).

elboffor
Consultant
Oooooo
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for the straight answer lol not recieved it yet obviously  thought I was being stupid

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Liking sound of that hopefully they'll add oculus reset floor height

Warbloke
Superstar

"Hey Oculus... where can I hide a body ?"

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

assettomio
Adventurer
Great, I loved that function in virtual desktop.. The neighbours will think you're missing a few bottles in the crate though but k